Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cooper: Week 28


COOPER LIKES:






"Playing the drums"
The toys that I give Cooper tends to be a hot topic around our house.
Brandon cracks up that our little man has a bin full of toys but every time he comes home Cooper is playing with a kitchen utensil, the tylenol bottle (sealed tight and safe!), an ink pen, my debit card, his shoe or one of his all time favorites, a half empty water bottle!
We may have toys but they are never an arms length away when I need them so I make due and Cooper doesn't seem to mind one bit!! He is a very big fan of the wooden spoon and a couple of tupperware containers - most beautiful music this momma has ever heard!


Clenching his toes
If you look in pictures where Cooper's bare feet are visible he almost always has his left toes clenched... Those little piggies are locked down tight!


Chillin' in the whale tub
This may be one of my all time favorite pictures.
I put Cooper in the tub just like normal and then watched as he leannnnnnned forward trying to reach the front of the little whale. When he finally got it, he slowwwwwwly pulled himself to almost standing (with very most serious eyes locked on the shiny water faucet) and then he hesitated, a little nervous to stand on up and reach... Eventually, he decided it wasn't worth it so sat back down in the deep end, spun around, leaned back and propped his little feet up. I almost died.


Taunting Rylee.
I'm trying to lure Rylee into befriending Cooper... so far, I haven't gotten very far.

COOPER DOES NOT LIKE:



Trying on clothes
Despite the current freezing cold weather, Spring has sprung in stores! 
Finally some bright, fun, preppy baby boy clothes!! 
I don't force Cooper to try things on in the store because that could be super painful but when we get home we have a mini-fashion show and then I choose what stays and what gets returned... 
He cooperates for a few minutes and then baby boy is over it. 
It's official, he is 100% boy.

MOMMY'S FAVORITE 
PICTURE OF THE WEEK:

This week, all my faves were bed time pictures. 
Two mornings in a row, the Little Prince was too precious not to take a picture of!


I woke up to my own personal "son" rise.
(Shout out to my friend, Autumn, for the extra catchy tag line!)


I grew up believing that there was no safer place on Earth than my Daddy's arms...
Cooper feels the same way. Love my precious boys.

WEEK 28 HAPPENINGS:


Before and after on shot day...
(NOTE: I loved, soothed and consoled that sweet boy after those mean ol' shots, 
this was just a fit because he didn't want to put his clothes back on. 
Please disconnect your call to DHS.)


Momma made a quick stop at the flea market and Cooper made some new friends.
So happy my little man is such a people person!


Day 190: Cooper had his big 6 month doctor's appointment, you saw how that went...  Flea market and birthday dinner with Uncle Awesome and Jane (I didn't get a picture of our late night dining so I substituted one of my all time favorites). I will forever be thankful for this wonderful year of having my baby brother so close to us... We love you Uncle Awesome and are thankful for you every day, but especially on your special, special day. Happy birthday sweet brother.








Day 191: We had a very special day on Day 191 - Uncle Awesome hosted Gigi and Coach at the their first OU basketball game. With the help of some very sweet friends, Gigi and Coach received the royal treatment! They got to come in through the OU tunnel and sit on second row court side. They were virtually in the game! It was a very special game for our family as the torch was passed from one generation of coach to another. So blessed to get to be a part of my grandparents getting to see Zac living his dream... or at least the start of it! 


Day 192: LifeChurch, a fun afternoon with Grandpa Larry, and a yummy dinner with Grammy and Cooper's cousins! Could these little birthday twins get any cuter?!

Day 193: Nothing noteworthy... 


Day 194: Another Tuesday of Music and a lunch visit with Gramma and Jerry. I am pretty sure Gramma was just as apprehensive about me giving Cooper big kid food as I was of putting him in the vintage "Sassy seat." He survived both with no problem... It was pretty darn cute to see him sitting in the same high chair his daddy sat in about 29 years ago.



Day 195: Small Group! Another fun play date with our buddy Jackson! Boy these two are handsome little fellas...


Cooper's first sushi... sort of.
Nothing raw! Just broke up a few rolls and let him pick out what he wanted.
He loved the shrimp and proudly showed everyone who might have glanced our way... 
We've got some work to do on those manners!


Day 196: We met Daddy after work for some quick Sushi Neko and then headed over to hug Grammy on her birthday! Cooper was so excited he couldn't hold still even for one picture! Sweet boy loves his fun Grammy - she always brings the life to the party!!




No comments:

Post a Comment