Friday, August 22, 2014

Baby & Co. Shower

I had the great pleasure of throwing a fun little baby shower in honor of my childhood best friend, Ashley, as she counted down the days until her sweet little girl, Ryan, made her grand entrance! I had so much fun putting together this little soiree! BUT before posting any of the cute pictures I must give credit where credit is due - I was inspired by the adorable shower my sweet blogger friend, Megan, threw for her friend with this theme. You can see her version of the Baby & Co shower here! What did we do before blogs and Pinterest?! I'm so thankful for the constant stream of fun, new, creative ideas that my internet friends supply!

Okay, on to the pictures...


I carried the Tiffany blue theme into the dining room by using wrapping paper to top the table. I have a new found love for wrapping paper used as table cloths and here's why - #1. It's cheap so you can use it once and never use it again without feeling guilty. #2. It comes in a variety of colors, patterns and styles! So much easier to find something that goes with your theme than a true table cloth. #3. One size fits all! #4. Really easy installation (just use double sided tape and stick it to the table) and even more easy clean up - thrash it! No need to wash, dry and iron! #5. Whatever you have left you can use to wrap your gift with and it will coordinate perfectly!


Since a party isn't too much of a party without food, let's discuss the menu! We had a variety of mini-cupcakes from the yummy new cupcake joint in Fort Smith - Bliss Cupcakes! I highly recommend them - they were super easy to work with, you don't have to put in your order years in advance and the cupcakes were delicious!


We had a variety of candies and fruit - rock candy suckers, teal and white Sixlets, and other little sweet treats!



The show stealer was MamaShawna's famous bread pudding with homemade whipped cream topped off with an adorable little tiffany blue jelly bean. Not only were they cute in the little individual Fostoria bowls, but man where they yummy!


We tried to pull in the Tiffany theme as much as possible with little touches of sparkly ribbon, fun straws and of course, loose pearls all over the table!


MamaShawna found a sweet little sign on Etsy and I picked up some fun blue and white popcorn from The Popped Popcorn! Who knew they had colors and flavors?! They serve everything from your classic caramel to fruit loop flavored! Super fun!

I failed to take a picture of the little white tree we used to hang little notes of words of wisdom for the new mommy! My sweet cousins had words of wisdom cards at Cooper's baby shower and it was so much fun to read the funny, sweet, thoughtful advice of my friends and family - so now I always try to include "words of wisdom" at any baby shower I help with!


We did our best to incorporate pearls whenever possible! The banner was strung on a string of pearls and we passed out dress up pearl necklaces as each guest arrived. After helping host a long line of baby boy showers it sure was fun to get extra girly! (I must take a brief pause to praise my husband for being the best man in the whole wide world. He is my behind the scenes party helper. He cut out all the banner flags, he stirred punch, he is a verrrrry good food sampler, he entertained the Cooper-man while I ran a million errands. Thanks Hubby, you are officially the best!)


On the first day of school from kindergarten on I had my picture made sitting by Ashley... I am beyond thrilled that Cooper and Ryan will be second generation best buddies! I couldn't be more thankful to get to be home to experience this wild ride of motherhood with my lifelong friend... Just think, there's a really good chance in the next few years we will be standing side by side crying together on the first day of kindergarten. Love you sweet friend!

Be Blessed,
Raegan

No comments:

Post a Comment