Monday, March 19, 2012

Recipe Monday: Oreo Layer Pie


Happy Monday everyone! I don't know if it's the fact that the days feel longer, or that we are sleeping with our windows open so I wake up to little birds chirping or this morning the wonderful sound of rain, or maybe it's because a little spring cleaning finally took place at our house this weekend, but I'm just excited about life! It's nice to feel happy for no certain reason... 

Moving on to something you actually care about, today is Recipe Monday! This week I'm featuring a de-licious Oreo Layer Pie... I took it to work a few weeks ago for my friend, Jessica's, birthday and since it received a few thumbs up from the coworkers I thought I'd share! This recipe is a breeze to throw together, it only takes a few minutes (no actual cooking required!) and it's a nice light dessert that is perfect for this springy weather. And just in case you don't know me that well... When I said it was a nice light dessert, I didn't mean it was healthy or low in calories - this girl doesn't even attempt to cut any calories in her desserts! Light to me means fluffy, airy, or literally light weight. Sorry. On second thought, I do not apologize, I like my desserts. 



RECIPE MONDAY: OREO LAYER PIE


What you'll need:
1 Package of Regular Oreos
1/2 C Butter
1 Large Box of Instant Chocolate Pudding
2-8 Oz Cool Whip
8 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 C Powdered Sugar

What you're going to do:


(1) Crush the whole package of Oreos. I just dumped the entire package (minus two - one for me, one for B) in a Ziploc and let all the air out before using a rolling pin to crush them all. You could also use a food processor, but I liked that the Ziploc was easy clean up - just chunk it! Save about a cup of the crunched Oreos to sprinkle on top, when you are done.


(2) Pour the crumbs in a 9X13 pan. Melt butter and pour into crumb mix. Stir and press crumbs in bottom of pan to make a crust.


(3) Make chocolate pudding according to the directions on the box and let it setup in the refrigerator. 

(4) In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese until smooth, then add powdered sugar. Mix. Fold in one container of Cool Whip.






(5) Top Oreo layer with cream cheese mix, then pudding, and finally the last container of Cool Whip. Sprinkle remaining Oreo's on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.


Be Blessed!
Raegan

No comments:

Post a Comment