Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Recipes Reviews from Pinterest

I've been a bit behind on my Recipe Monday blogs because I've been doing a lot of dining and dashing lately... Not in the normal sense of that phrase - I haven't been walking out on the check - but I've been cooking quick, scarfing it down and jetting on to the next thing! So, for fear that you are all sitting at home starving to death waiting on the next yummy recipe I have yet to post I thought I'd change it up a bit by writing some reviews from Pinterest recipes we've tried!


BUTTERY BREAKFAST: Cream Cheese Sausage Balls from Plain Chicken! We loved these for two totally different reasons... I adored the fact that they were quick and easy to whip up on a Saturday morning, Brandon thought they tasted delicious! Added bonus, I cooked a few for the two of us and froze the rest so that I could bake a few at a time to supplement other breakfast items! You can find the recipe here.


TASTY TREAT: Cream Cheese Pickles! I know what you're thinking, this hormone crazed woman is craving pickles and this is the weird thing she managed to talk her husband into eating. NOT TRUE! The first time I had these was before I was pregnant and trust me, I was seriousllllly skeptical. My cousin, Lyndsey, brought these to my wedding shower and I tried one (to be completely honest) strictly to be nice and make her happy. Oh. My. Goodness. These are shockingly delicious!! Super quick and easy, you've probably got all the ingredients in your fridge, life changing snack! Trust me on this one, I haven't led you astray thus far! You can find the recipe here. {NOTE: Whatever type of meat you choose, don't get a flavor like "Honey Ham" just go with plain ol' ham... Learned that lesson the hard way!}


SOUPS, SALAD & SAUCES: Cane's Sauce for Chicken Dipping! So if you've ever had the privilege of devouring some delicious Cane's fried chicken you know that it's really all about the sauce. Oh, our beloved Cane's Sauce, I could drink you straight out of that way too small little plastic cup. So obviously the sauce recipe is top secret, but this is a pretty decent stab at it. It's not exactly the same, but it's worthy of trying! You can find the recipe here.


SUPER SIDE DISHES: Roasted Potato Wedges! I'm a fan of a potato in pretty much any way, shape or form and since it's finally feeling like burger grilling weather in Oklahoma, these little gems were a home run of a side dish! You can find the recipe here. {Of course, I added my all time fave - Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning!}

 
MAIN MEAL: Bonefish Grill Pan Asian-Glazed Shrimp! Two Iowagirleasts.com recipes in a row? Yes because she's always posting something delicious! Brandon and I inhaled this for dinner one night! You should definitely double up the recipe because these are finger lickin' good!! Save the extra sauce for dipping! You can find the recipe here.
 
 
DELICIOUS DESSERTS: Blueberry Lemon Bundt! This is the perfect light summery dessert! It was sooooo good and as an added bonus made your house smell a-mazing! I, of course, couldn't leave well enough alone and bought a bottle of white chocolate ice cream topping and drizzled it over the top... I wish I could say the calories weren't really worth it, but that would be a bold faced lie. You should try it, like tonight! You can find the recipe here.
 
Hope you all enjoy giving these recipes a try! They were hits at our house!! I'll continue to do the occasional "Recipe Reviews" post but if you'd like to follow me on Pinterest and take a look for yourself feel free to follow me here or by clicking the link on the right side column of this page! I use Pinterest recipes often at our house and if I love them, I'll do my best to share... If they aren't as good as promised (or they are way more work than they are worth), I delete them from my boards.
 
What are your favorite Pinterest recipes!? I love a new fun thing to try!
 
Be Blessed!
Raegan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment