Friday, May 3, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 24


How Far Along: Twenty-four weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 2o pounds

Maternity Clothes: Negative, just buying sundresses a size bigger...

Gender: Boy!

Movement: The occasional flip, lots of little kicks

Sleep: Sleeping well!!

What I Miss: Nothing much...

What I'm Looking Forward To: A free weekend! We are staying in Oklahoma City this weekend as Brandon is on call one night, so that means more time for house cleaning, cooking, nursery organizing/planning and marking some things off the to-do list... That may all sound like chores but I'm honestly super excited!

Cravings: Fruit, fruit and more fruit! We have been making an effort to buy healthy snacks (fruit, nuts, carrots, crackers/cheese) and get them prepped and ready as soon as we get home from the store so they are easy to grab in the mornings on our way to work. Washing, slicing and bagging up the fruit may take a few minutes when you get home, but having a healthy snack that is ready and convenient makes being good so much easier! Plus, strawberries are finally starting to show up at the grocery store and they are my favorite!! Together we killed two pints in two sittings!

Aversions: Nothing much

Other Crazy Symptoms: Still having the side pain, but I learned some sweet stretches in prenatal yoga that have been really helping! I've also noticed I moan while doing random stuff like leaning over to unload the dishwasher, getting in or out of the car, etc. The first time I realized I had made a noise I laughed out loud... I have no clue how long I've been doing that!

Daddy Update: Brandon is good! Nothing too new to report on his front...

Best Moment of the Week: Brandon's dad very sweetly bought us season tickets to the Broadway shows featured at the OKC Civic Center and we have absolutely LOVED this monthly date night! This month's feature was West Side Story and I'm not sure if Cooper was loving it or hating it but the little man was going crazy in my belly! He's never moved that much EVER and he is typically pretty still in the middle of the day, but that was not the case this time. I kept rubbing my belly throughout the show and Brandon leaned over to whisper and ask if I was okay... I put his hand on my stomach and it felt like fireworks were going off inside of me! Little punches and kicks and flips and wiggles... We were both grinning from ear to ear!!

**I forgot to post a picture of us with our little nephew Brooks on his 1st Birthday!! This is a couple of weeks old, but I couldn't help to show you what a cute big cousin baby Cooper has!

We love you sweet Brooks!!

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

1 comment: