Monday, April 29, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 23


How Far Along: 23 weeks and counting...

Total Weight Gain: Don't know, didn't check, can hardly stand to get on a scale...

Maternity Clothes: No, but I did go pick up some fun new summer dresses! I had quite a few from pre-pregnancy that have transitioned nicely and then this week I got really lucky and found a ton of fun summery dresses for a steal of a deal that should hold me over for quite a while!

Gender: Boy

Movement: Oh yes! I saw him kick for the first time this week and it was so fun! The first time I felt him move I thought it was the most amazing feeling in the world... until I had my hand on my belly and he kicked it and then I realized, no, that was the most amazing feeling in the world... until I was looking at my belly and it shot out in one spot at the same time as I felt him kick, and THIS my friends, I know is the most amazing feeling in the world. I am sure of it! And people tell me it gets nothing but more amazing from here on out - I can't even begin to imagine...

Sleep: Still loving every minute of it! Although it is getting more and more difficult to roll over. Ha!

What I Miss: Not. A. Thing. Life is good!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Next weekend we are going fabric shopping for crib bedding and I'm pretty excited to get that underway - fingers crossed we find what I'm envisioning in my head!

Cravings: Still all carbs - pizza crust, bread and chips. So unhealthy but I can't get enough of it!

Aversions: Nothing much...

Other Crazy Symptoms: None that I can think of!

Daddy Update: Brandon has just been on a mission lately to get things done before Cooper gets here... I'm LOVING it! He has become the ultimate list maker and each weekend we get to work on one thing or another... it's not always baby related, sometimes it's just stuff that has to be done - mow the yard, deep clean the kitchen, etc - but it's been really fun to feel like we are getting things accomplished together! Work is always so much more enjoyable when you knock it out as a team!! He's on a roll folks!

Best Moment of the Week: Cooper attended his first Thunder game this week! We owed my brother, Zac, tickets to a Thunder game as it was his Christmas present and we hadn't had a time when our schedules all worked until this week so we THUNDERED UP! The game was an absolute nail biter, as most playoff games are... but the Thunder came through with the win and we had an absolute blast! I so look forward to the day I get to (hopefully) tag along with Cooper, Brandon and Uncle Awesome to fun ball games... It's going to be fun!!

After the game, we took Zac by the Brandon's clinic so we could introduce him to little Cooper via ultrasound. The little man wasn't too cooperative until right toward the end when he turned and looked directly at the doppler! Because it isn't a 3D/4D/whatever-high-tech-ultrasound-takes-pictures-of-your-baby-looking-like-a-baby machine it instead made the little guy look like the freakiest skeleton/Beetle Juice character ever! We all three pretty much screamed and then cracked up!

Unfortunately the best picture we took at the game... Haha!


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! that's a real bump! you are entirely too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress on you!! And the belt just makes it. Adorable! Hope to see you guys soon! Miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete