Monday, April 22, 2013

Recipe Monday: BBQ Chicken, Apple, Bacon, Cheddar Quesadilla


RECIPE MONDAY:
BBQ CHICKEN, APPLE, BACON,
CHEDDAR QUESADILLA
 
 
Alrighty, so here is the ol' quesadilla recipe that I promised last week. I know quesadillas aren't exactly cutting edge cooking by any means, but who doesn't appreciate an EASY and super delicious recipe?! I know what you're thinking, "Apples? I don't know about that..." Trust me, this won't disappoint! Don't leave out the apple!
 


What you need:
2 Small Chicken Breasts (cooked & shredded)
1/2 C BBQ Sauce
4 Burrito-Size Flour Tortillas
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (No specific measurement)
1 Apple* (chopped)
Bacon** (cooked & crumbled)

*I recommend pink lady apples for this recipe and any other time you want a sweet and tangy snack. Never was a huge apple fan until I started eating these! Yum!
**Just go buy the Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits, seriously it'll change your life.
 
How many get to eat: 4 full grown people...

What you do:

Mix the shredded chicken with the bbq sauce. I just added it until I thought it looked like the amount of sauce I wanted - the 1/2 cup is merely a recommendation, use as little or as much as you'd like!


Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and add your two tortillas. The best way to do it is by propping one against the other so that only half the tortilla is cooking at a time... This also helps you keep from over-filling it like I'm prone to do.


Spread your cheddar cheese on the bottom, again as much or as little as you prefer. NOTE: You will add more at the end so don't get too carried away!
 

Next spread on the chicken...


Then add the chopped apples...


Then comes the bacon (the more the merrier in my opinion!)...


And finally finish it off with a touch more cheese!


At this point you can go ahead and fold the propped up part of your tortillas down and adjust your heat to medium. Cook until the bottom side is golden brown, then flip and cook until second side is gold brown. (I occasionally used the spatula to smash them down just a bit to make sure it was cooking all the way through.)
 
Remove from heat and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges... I did my best to wait 5 minutes, but patience isn't exactly my strong suit so I cut them up a little early and it worked out just fine. I also served this with a small dipping bowl of BBQ sauce in case someone wanted more of a BBQ-ish flavor than I did!




Hope your family loves this one as much as we did! I made it one night when we came in late, I was tired and we were starving - it was the perfect solution! And as a bonus - very little clean up! Yay!!

Who should get the credit: iowagirleats.com

Be Blessed!
Raegan

1 comment:

  1. Raegan. I think I know what I'm making for lunch now.

    ReplyDelete