Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 20


How Far Along: TWENTY WEEKS! Half way there... where did the weeks go?!

Total Weight Gain: 12 pounds. I made a pretty big jump in the last month - little man got hungry I guess! (This was seriously the most flattering picture ever... I swear there is a significant bump in real life)

Maternity Clothes: Still no, but it's time... it's past time... I just can't bring myself to pay the astronomical amount for clothes (primarily pants) that I won't wear for long. Another week or so in my regular clothes and I'll be so uncomfortable I'll go on a straight up spending crazy, but I'm not quite there yet.

Gender: Boy, boy, boy!

Movement: Yes! Feeling him kick quite a bit now. It's still not at all painful, I'm just soaking up every little nudge! He is pretty fiesty in the mornings which makes me want to lay in bed all day just enjoying getting to feel him move around. Brandon felt it this week and that was really fun! We looked like two absolute cheese balls we were smiling so big!

Sleep: Sleepin' like a baby...

What I Miss: Riding in the car without side pain. My sweet doctor told me as tenderly as he could that this is going to get nothing but worse as I continue to grow... Bummer. Oh well, it could be worse!

What I'm Looking Forward To: NURSERY!! Next week, Brandon and I plan to do some damage to our current "storage" room that will become Cooper's nursery. Currently the walls are an adorable shade of coral (The family that lived in our house before us had twin girls with the cutest little girl nursery ever!), but Cooper's dad insists that his son will not grow up in a pink room! Can't say I blame him... So first we have to find a new home for all the treasures we've been storing in there (LOTS of treasures), then we are planning to pull out the carpet and put new carpet in, after that we'll start painting up a storm and FINALLY we'll move in the crib and all the cute little nursery decor! I'm so excited!!

Cravings: Umm, nothing too strong. I'm loving some fruit, but that's pretty normal.

Aversions: Nothing much. I can gross myself out if I think about something too long. Like I take a bite of chicken and even though I know it's completely cooked, if I think "Was that chewier than it should have been?" and ponder on that a little bit, I can talk myself out of most everything.

Other Crazy Symptoms: The belly button issue hasn't had any new developments lately. I, unfortunately, am getting the weird dark line... not loving it.

Daddy Update: Brandon has been working day and night (literally) getting ready for Mr. Cooper. I am so proud of my sweet husband. He always puts us first... The next few months are going to be pretty rough for my man because he has officially loaded up his work schedule so that when Cooper gets here he will have a little freedom to be home. That means a bunch of hard, long hours, no weekends off rotations and moonlighting for a while. I have been so proud of him. Last month wasn't easy, his schedule was frustrating (3pm-3am), but he handled it like a champ, didn't complain, didn't whine and then topped it off with a hard weekend moonlighting at the hospital near my hometown. Daddy's on a mission...

Best Moment of the Week: Instead of "Best Moment" I'm going to share "Welcome to the Real World" Moment of the Week. This week at work we had an after hours event at the Myriad Gardens in downtown OKC. I had planned to go home and change into a suit before th event, but ended up needing to go down early and help with some set up so I was stuck wearing this bright orange sundress (Party foul #1: Wearing orange to an OU event). I was a little uncomfortable with the fact that I felt underdressed, but my friends assured me it was completely fine, so I just went with it... I really didn't have another option. Here's the catch: Mom had bought me this cute little number as a small surprise over the weekend and I, not thinking about my new growing belly, cut the tags off without trying it on. Rookie pregnant person mistake. So I had decided to wear it as something comfortable until I had to put on the dreaded suit... well, when I put it on it was a touch more snug than I expected! My exact thought was, "I better wear this now or I won't get to wear it at all!" So off I went in my little stretchy sun dress. Fast forward to the event... I'm running out to the car to grab something before the party starts and look into the building big glass windows. I say OUTLOUD, "Whoa. That lady's dress is wayyyy too tight!" My friend looks in and kind of looks at me funny... there's nobody in the building, I'm looking at MY reflection! Nicccce...


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment