Monday, July 8, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 33


How Far Along: Thirty-three weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 27 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Finally found a halfway decent maternity swimsuit this week - I'm pretty sure they don't make 'cute' maternity swimsuits but I found one that would work. I couldn't stand the thought of subjecting Brandon's family to bare belly on the 4th!

Gender: Boy!

Movement: Daddy did an ultrasound this week and Mr. Cooper is head down just like he's supposed to be... Great for delivery, bad for my rib cage which now seems to be his prime kicking target. Thankfully, he's typically pretty gentle, but occasionally I'll catch one that makes me jump!

Sleep: I'm out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow...

What I Miss: We had a wonderful 4th of July in OKC, but I always miss being at the lake on this fun holiday... and pretty much every other day! (Side note: T-299 days until we are officially full time lake bums! But who's counting?)

What I'm Looking Forward To: A weekend of projects! I've got pictures to hang and a few crafts to knock out (or at least get started on). I want to finish cleaning up our office, which became our temporary storage room when we emptied out the nursery. Nesting is definitely underway at the King House.

Cravings: All things sweet. Fruit, cake, chocolate... you name it I'll happily eat it.

Aversions: Not a thing really grosses me out.

Other Crazy Symptoms: Belly button update - still completely flat, unless I sneeze/cough in which case it pops out momentarily and then returns to flat. Thankfully I haven't had hardly any swelling and I'm not yet at the uncomfortable phase that everyone tells me is still to come. Overall, I feel great - I realized really quickly in this pregnancy that the more I was up and at 'em, the better I felt so I try to keep as busy as possible.

This is a really random "symptom" but I'm pretty sure my laugh has changed as my belly has grown. I think my normal laugh is still pretty normal, but when I find something seriously funny, like when you think you might laugh until you cry, I have this completely new full blown belly chuckle... and it sounds so weird that it makes me laugh even harder. For some reason, I am the only one who finds this hysterical and then I find myself virtually dying of laughter and Brandon just staring at me like I've lost my mind... Maybe I have?!

Daddy Update: Daddy is doing good! He is really starting to get excited/anxious. I can tell from things he says that little Cooper is always in the back of his mind. He's ready to pack a hospital bag, finish up the nursery, get all our ducks in a row right this minute and then just sit and wait! (I'm still not quite to the "right this minute" part) We spent the Fourth of July swimming the day away in his mom's backyard with our adorable little nephew, Brooks. Watching Brandon play with Brooks melts my heart... he is going to be such a good daddy.

Best Moment of the Week: Overall it's just been a really nice week. Brandon and I had a great weekend of just relaxing. We survived our first childbirth class (the first one was pretty basic - this week we watch a full delivery which I feel like will be awkward, but oh well!). We got to see Cooper and he cooperated nicely! We visited Dr. Moore and he agreed that all is right on schedule. An insurance adjuster came to check out our roof (everyone in our neighborhood has had to get their roof redone post-tornadoes), and it checked out perfectly! The list just goes on and on, but the bottom line remains the same. We are blessed.

It's kind of like the opposite of deja vu.


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable! Can't believe you're so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I liked about my maternity swimsuit was the fact that the bottoms fit my butt! I swear my butt got huge when I was pregnant, and I also had to buy new underwear, but the maternity swimsuit bottoms were heaven! I didn't feel like they were riding up or down or in between, I kind of considering keeping them for after baby...

    ReplyDelete