Friday, July 26, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 36



How Far Along: Thirty-SIX weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 32 pounds and counting...

Maternity Clothes: I think it's probably time to buy another set of the next size up, but I'm resisting because it's almost time for Cooper to make his grand debut so I don't want to buy something that I'll only wear for a few weeks, if that long. I've been SUPER lucky to be pregnant with one of my dear friends who has let me borrow all of her a-dorable dresses for showers! Thanks Kristen!!

Gender: Boy!

Movement: He is still moving constantly, but it's not those quick sharp kicks and punches that it was earlier, now it feels more like long, slow stretches. My belly is constantly changing shapes with a foot sticking out and sliding down my right side...  it's pretty entertaining just to sit and watch!

Sleep: Sleeping well! I can't seem to sleep in even though I want to, but I have no complaints! I fall straight to sleep once I get in bed and I never wake up during the night (apparently I'm one of the lucky few that does not need to get up and go to the bathroom multiple times a night! Yay!)

What I Miss: Honestly, not a thing. Life is way too good to think about what I'm missing.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Cooper's arrival! I am so excited to meet this little guy. It still doesn't feel real to me... I can envision myself having this little boy and running errands with him or doing stuff with a baby in the backseat, but my brain only goes as far as it's used to. Thanks to my adorable little nieces, Blythe and Zoe, I've done all of that stuff before. I've taken Zoe to the grocery store when she was super tiny and Blythe to the park when the only thing we could do was swing in the big plastic swings... but in my head, that's as far as it goes... at the end of the day I took Blythe and Zoe home, but Mr. Cooper is staying with me! That doesn't feel real yet - he'll be all mine! Crazy! 

I'm also really looking forward to seeing him! Since we decided to pass on the 3D/4D ultrasound, we don't have a clue what the little man will look like! I'm guessing big dark eyes and dark hair (hopefully there will be hair... but if not, we'll love him just the same!). Super excited to see his sweet little face!

Cravings: Fresh peaches! At small group last week, one of the girls brought a fruit salad with fresh peaches in it and I've been hooked ever since! Why did I not eat fresh peaches earlier?! I had no idea what I was missing!! Sooooo delicious (especially if you lightly sprinkle a little sugar on top!). 

Aversions: Nothin'

Other Crazy Symptoms: Nothing new that I can think of! My belly button is starting to become a full time outie, but not too bad. People started telling me a few weeks ago that they could tell he had dropped and I couldn't disagree - my clothes all fit funny now because he isn't near as high as he was earlier. 

Daddy Update: This week Daddy has been working nights so he gave Cooper strict instructions to stay put. So far, he's been obliging... we'll see how long that lasts!

Best Moment of the Week: Another great week of fun - my college friends hosted a wonderful shower and I had so much fun getting to catch up with all my girls! I remember the first baby shower we had together - how we couldn't believe we were old enough to be having babies and now a few years later, there aren't many of us left that aren't mommies! Crazy how time flies! The shower was wonderful and Cooper was spoiled with some wonderful presents! So much fun!! (Pictures coming soon!) 

I also had my weekly doctor's appointment and there was some change for the first time ever - I am dilated to a whooping ONE! Ha! It could still be weeks before d-day but it made me kind of snap out of "Oh, I've got plenty of time" mode. Hospital bag is officially packed! It's about to get real people! We can't wait!!


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment