Friday, August 2, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 37



How Far Along: Thirty-SEVEN weeks and counting!

Total Weight Gain: 34 pounds... just packing them on at the end. Yippee. (Note the obvious sarcasm... look at that belly!!)

Maternity Clothes: Yes, the same stuff I've been wearing all along... BUT I can see the end in sight and normal clothes are becoming so tempting to buy for later! This could be a problem...

Gender: BOY!

Movement: This little man is still squirming away. Looking down at my belly, his little back is on my left side and his legs are facing my right. Now, more than ever, I can see a foot shoot out and then he typically drags it down my belly before stomping it back to the top again! Thankfully, it isn't painful, just funny to watch. He also is quite the hiccup king lately. Brandon has the most insanely loud hiccups ever and I feel quite confident Cooper has inherited them - when he hiccups my belly shakes violently! Oh joy - two loud hiccuping men in the house!

Sleep: I am incredibly fortunate to still be sleeping like a little lamb. I sleep exactly the same as I did before becoming pregnant - never have to get up to use the restroom or anything! Lucky girl, I know!

What I Miss: I still stand firm by my "life is too good to think about the things I don't get to have" theory... but I'll be honest, I miss shopping in the cute clothes departments! Just a few more weeks until the belly starts deflating and regular clothes are an option again!!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I am DYING to post pictures of the nursery. Seriously, dying. BUT the bedding still isn't done and I refuse to post pictures of the crib without the prettiest part (or at least what I hope is the prettiest part - I picked the fabric and designed how I wanted it all done so I've got my fingers crossed it all turns out well!)... So, another week comes and goes and still no nursery debut. But I PROMISE, the minute that bumper (yes, I did a bumper) and blanket (yes, I did a blanket too, but only to go over the side of the crib, relax everybody) show up - pictures will be posted IMMEDIATELY!

Cravings: Chocolate. I think that post-delivery that will be my one request, a gigantic size bag of M&Ms... until then I'm just treating myself to the normal size bags. Ha!

Aversions: Nothing much.

Other Crazy Symptoms: I don't know of any new developments in the crazy symptoms category this week. So far, I haven't had any crazy crying or emotional roller coaster days (with the exception of when my clothes started getting too small - and that wasn't crazy crying, that was legit, serious, oh-my-goodness my clothes are too small hysteria. But I got over it) and that seems to be pretty par for the course even in these last few weeks of pregnancy. I guess I am technically "nesting" although I can't tell the difference between "nesting" and my normal OCD. I mean, yes, I put labels on all Cooper's baskets, but that's nothing I wouldn't do under normal circumstances! And yes, I'm cleaning things up, but it's more than likely there will be quite a few people at my house in the next few weeks so anybody in their right mind would be keeping things as tidy as possible. Bottom line: I think most people's crazy, is my normal. Go figure.

Daddy Update: Daddy treated me this week to a lovely cleaning lady! Sweet Connie and her crew came and did some serious deep cleaning so I didn't have to lift a finger (or smell those bad chemicals). She was so kind and they did a fabulous job, but now I'm a pretty serious stickler on keeping the house that way until Cooper gets here! 

Uncle Caleb taught Daddy how to install Cooper's carseat this week - it's really nice to have a firefighter in the fam that knows how to properly install those things! Car seats are surprisingly tricky, but I feel confident Mr. Cooper will be belted in so tight he won't have any problems staying put. Thanks Uncle Caleb for taking care of our sweet little man already!

Best Moment of the Week: This was my first official week of being a stay-at-home mom... which was weird in a good way. For starters, there was no baby to stay-at-home with, but Rylee sure enjoyed my company! I really didn't stay at home all that much because I had a million errands to mark off my list before Cooper arrives. I've got most of them wrapped up now, but there is always one more thing to do... 

We finished up our child birth class - which was kind of a relief because we weren't real sure that we'd make it through the whole class before he made his grand debut! But he cooperated and we completed the class. Now it's just a waiting game... thankfully, I have plenty to keep me busy in the mean time. I am not at all rushing him - I feel great so he can stay put as long as he'd like - but I am very excited to meet the little guy! This week's appointment, I was still dilated to a 1 so the wait continues!


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

2 comments:

  1. I must have missed a few bump dates...are you starting maternity leav early or going to full time stay at home mom status?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great!
    Eve

    ReplyDelete