Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 38



How Far Along: Just knocked out week thirty-EIGHT!

Total Weight Gain: 35 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Same old stuff, but I must admit since I'm just staying home and getting things done around the house right now I'm wearing much more casual clothes... Unfortunately my work out shorts that I typically wear with t-shirts around the house are more than a little tight so I've stooped to a new "walk of shame" style and wear Brandon's shorts and tees. Lookin' good... (Note the obvious sarcasm)

Gender: He's a boy, although last night I dreamed that they handed him to me and he was a girl! Pretty sure that's not the case...

Movement: Still moving quite a bit, just that same slow movement with his feet or knees or whatever drags down my right side... and the hiccups, he's still blowing me up with those.

Sleep: Still sleeping like a champ. I, thankfully, feel really good and I give a lot of credit for that to my ability to sleep. I wake up feeling ready for the day bright and early and haven't felt any need to slow down and take a nap or anything. I have been so very blessed to be able to rest and I know that is definitely not the case for most pregnancies!

What I Miss: Not one single thing!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm finally at the point where I feel like if he comes today, I'm well enough prepared... so I'm looking forward to meeting Cooper!! I'm not trying to rush him, he can stay in there as long as he would like, but I'm just getting really excited to see that little face.

Cravings: Fruit and chocolate - some things never change.

Aversions: Nothing that isn't normal for me.

Other Crazy Symptoms: I've started having a teeny-tiny touch of round ligament pain. Thankfully it's not too bad - It feels like that soreness you have after working out about three days earlier. Thankfully that is only very minor discomfort so I'm not complaining one bit!

Daddy Update: Daddy is ready! If I call him while he's at work he answers on the first ring with this adorable little excited/anxious voice, "Everything okay?" and then I remember I just freaked him out and assure him all is well I was just calling to see if he could do lunch. Ha! Poor guy, I get him all stirred up way too often on accident. I think it's adorable that he is so excited! He can't wait to meet our little man. 


Best Moment of the Week: We've had an eventful week around the King house! My little brother, Zac, and his five month old lab puppy, Scout, have temporarily moved in with us! Zac spent his entire summer chasing Graduate Assistant jobs with college basketball programs across the state and nothing had seemed to fit correctly. Last Friday he accepted a position with the Oklahoma State Men's Basketball Program (OSU doesn't have a GA program so this was a little different, but a great opportunity none the less). Within thirty minutes after he walked out of the office, I got an email from a friend in the OU Athletic Department explaining that the OU Men's Basketball Program unexpectedly had a GA position open and was curious if Zac would still be interested. Ummm, yes! I called Zac and filled him in and he hopped in his truck and drove directly from Stillwater to Norman to meet the coaching staff, take a tour and view a practice. And this was just a start to the whirlwind... They asked him to come back Saturday for another practice and to meet a few more people. He was told to see if he could still get into the Masters Program so close to the start of school and then they would meet again on Monday. So after practice wrapped up, Zac jumped back in his truck and made a quick trip to Bartlesville (that's sarcasm too as Bville is easily over 3 hours from Norman) to pick up his official transcripts. Monday morning rolled around and Zac and his 38 week pregnant sister booked it all over campus trying to get his applications turned in and making sure we had done everything necessary for getting him into grad school. Talk about stressing a sister out! After all the paper work had been turned in and he'd met with everyone he needed to meet with, back to practice he went. When practice wrapped up he met with Coach Kruger and was told that the coaching staff would talk it over and give him a call that evening. Longest afternoon of his life, poor guy! Finally, we decided to go run some errands and get out of the house - and then the phone call came while we were wandering aimlessly through Target. Pending he is accepted into the Master's Program, Zac is officially a graduate assistant for OU Men's Basketball! Celebration in Target immediately followed!! 

I cannot tell you how completely thrilled Brandon and I are to have Zac moving so close to us!! We have so enjoyed this chaotic week with him. Zac and I have been on opposite ends of the state (and for one year a whole state away) since I left for college ten years ago, so it brings my heart soooooo much joy at the thought of having him just a few minutes away! So excited to deck Cooper out in some crimson and cream and go cheer on "Uncle Awesome" and the Sooners!  Yayyyyyyy!


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

1 comment:

  1. Your prettiest pregnancy pic yet! Coop will be here soon!!! Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete