Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Showers of Blessings

Our precious friends and family went above and beyond to shower Cooper with love and lots of presents! We were truly overwhelmed by every one's kindness, generosity and excitement for our sweet baby. I get all teary just thinking about how much he is loved by so many already... He is one very blessed tiny little man.


Our first shower was hosted by a few of my sweet family members and friends - Suzanne, Callie, Lyndsey, Jana, Hayden, Ashley, Susan, Phyllis and Joan - in my hometown.



My aunt's home (which is always beyond beautiful) was decked out in an adorable "Little Man" and mustache motif...




My super talented cousins made this de-licious cake! Strawberry on top, chocolate on bottom - all my favorite things!!



My sweet friend, Ki, drove all the way from Arkansas and made me the most thoughtful present... A BUMPDATE BOOK! It is the cutest thing and is filled with each of my weekly updates! 


Each guest was asked to write "Friendly" parenting advice for Brandon and me. I loved reading their sweet words - some were encouraging, some were thoughtful and others were hilarious. Each uniquely perfect, just like the people who wrote them!


My adorable little niece, Blake! She's going to keep Mr. Cooper in line...




Cooper's first jersey! The future little Wolverine needed some purple and gold in his wardrobe!


These girls are my precious cousins and very best friends! Life is about to get super exciting as we are approximately (from left to right): 15 weeks pregnant, 35 weeks pregnant, 9 weeks pregnant and Miss Blake is a little over a year and a half old! Can you imagine all the fun we are going to have together in the next few years?! Life is good!



My sweet girlfriends hosted a ridiculously fun shower for me in Norman. It was so good to have my college friends, sorority sisters and work friends all in one place! In the past year so many of these girls have either become Mommas or will be soon and it has been so exciting to read one "We're having a baby" text after another! Cooper is going to have a good little group of friends... Ironically, all boys so far!



My friend Jessica's mom made these adorable cookies - and they tasted awesome!! I've requested a lesson...



My sweet bestie, Sheridan, made the trip home from St. Louis! Oh how I miss this girl...





So it's kind of hard to explain, but long story short I kind of claim to be from two tiny towns. I grew up and went to school in one, but go to church in the other. It's been such a blessing to get to be a part of two wonderful communities! My church group and friends hosted a precious baby shower for Mr. Cooper! Unfortunately, my mother kind of slacked on the pictures so this is one of the few good ones... I am so thankful to call these awesome ladies my dear friends!

Sadly, I failed to get pictures of the office shower my sweet OU Law girls threw for me - it was an adorable "Stock the Library" shower where everyone brought books for Cooper's little library. I LOOOOOVE books and thought this was the most precious idea ever! Cooper and I have lots of great reading material to keep us busy!

I also somehow managed to not take a single picture of the shower with Brandon's family. Brandon's aunt is the shower extraordinaire and between all the weddings and babies in Brandon's family lately, she has been incredibly busy! Brandon's family is so kind to always take such great care of us and I'm so sorry I didn't get any pictures with the crew!

Cooper was truly showered with loved in the last month and Brandon and I are so incredibly humbled and grateful for the generosity of so many. While the gifts were lovely and kind and thoughtful, it is the friendship of the people who attended these celebrations of our son that we are most thankful for. Our little Cooper is already loved by so many and he couldn't be a more blessed boy!

Be Blessed!
Raegan

No comments:

Post a Comment