Friday, June 28, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 32



How Far Along: Thirty-TWO weeks!

Total Weight Gain: Doctor's appointment was cancelled so I don't know...

Maternity Clothes: All shorts and some shirts

Gender: Boy!

Movement: Constant, comical movement! It's to the point where you can really see the movements and I find this incredibly entertaining.

Sleep: I figured out the cause behind last week's lack of sleep - apparently when the tornado caused our power to be out for a few days the thermostat reset the schedule we had it on so around 2am it was letting the house get up to 76 degrees! Holy hotness that was not going to work! I realized this during one of my 3am wanderings throughout the house in hopes of quietly entertaining myself... I was relieved to know it wasn't just a serious hot flash. We have it cranked down from 11pm on now and I'm back to sleeping like a little lamb!

What I Miss: I should delete this question - life is good! I have way too many wonderful things going on right now to even think about what I don't have. I'm not missing a thing!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Maybe this is weird, but we start our labor and delivery classes on Monday and I'm really looking forward to that! Every little thing - decorating the nursery, registering for showers, doing the laundry with little tiny clothes - makes it more real and I, in turn, get more excited!! Also, I'm kind of weird about wanting to know every single thing about what I'm getting myself in to - whether it's buying a house or having a baby, I want to understand what is going on. The more educated I am about literally having a baby, the more at ease I will be when it's go time! Or at least that's what I keep telling myself...

Cravings: Anything sweet. My sugar intake has to be off the charts right now.

Aversions: Not a thing!

Other Crazy Symptoms: I get pretty light headed if I don't snack regularly (ie when I come out of the self-induced sugar coma, my body gets all confused), but other than that I feel really good for only being a month and a half out. So thankful to have a healthy, happy pregnancy!

Daddy Update: Sweet Daddy has been working way too hard lately! He starts his hardest rotation of his last year of residency in July and he's trying really hard to get all loose ends tied up before Cooper gets here so he won't be distracted by work stuff and will hopefully get some time to get used to being a dad. My precious husband is such a good man - I've been working on the nursery like crazy lately and we've had such a hard time finding the perfect rocking chair. It's been my #1 frustration - they either don't have it in a color I can use, cost as much as my kidneys, or they just look weird. I spent the weekend with my mom and Brandon searching high and low for the perfect chair with no luck. Saturday evening Brandon had a work event to attend and he stopped at a few stores on his way there and located the perfect chair (and flirted with the little lady who owned the shop until he got a bargain!). I don't know many men in the world that would (a) tolerate wandering from shop to shop with their wife and mother-in-law on their one day off and (b) go into a store by themselves in hopes of being helpful. He's a keeper.

Best Moment of the Week: This weekend was so great! Friday night we had a little belated Father's Day fun with a date night at the movies. Saturday my mom and I hit some great estate sales (one of my favorite things to do!) before meeting Brandon for lunch and more shopping.

That afternoon my mom and I registered for little Cooper. This was a task I had been really dreading because it all seemed very overwhelming, BUT with the help of a few fabulous friends who sent me their list of registry recommendations and one seriously handy review book, we were able to knock it out with no sweat! (This was one of those times when my serious OCD came in really handy! I had combined recommendations, categorized the lists and used the book as a reference to know what brand I felt best about and if something was really necessary or not... I plan to share the list as soon as possible in case their are others out there that need a little help and then I'll update it as I learn for myself what comes in handy and what isn't required!) Sunday Brandon and I listened to a great service at LifeChurch and then spent the afternoon with his family hanging around the pool. Seriously, weekends don't get much better than that!!


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment