Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 28



How Far Along: 28 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: Couldn't give you a very accurate guess as I haven't seen the scales in weeks

Maternity Clothes: All shorts are maternity and a few shirts. 
 
Gender: Boy
 
Movement: Lots of movement

Sleep: Still sleeping very well

What I Miss: Not much of anything!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Spending another week in beautiful Italy with my handsome husband!!

Cravings: Gelato and strawberries

Aversions: Fish - its everywhere here and they don't fry it up like we do at home. Grosses me out!

Other Crazy Symptoms: Thankfully I haven't had any new symptoms lately. I was worried I would swell up like a balloon on this trip but so far the swelling has remained at a minimum. 

Daddy Update: Oh daddy has been hard at work on this trip! Poor guy has to carry both our luggage and Italy is COVERED in stairs! He has been so precious for doing all the heavy lifting, taking such good care of me and never making me feel like an inconvenience. Love this sweet man. 
 
Best Moment of the Week: This has been such a wonderful week for us - we've seen truly incredible sights, eaten delicious food, walked a million miles holding hands and slowed down enough to really talk and enjoy each others company. Life doesn't get much better than that! Cooper pulled his weight on the third day of our trip when we arrived to tour the Vatican and realized we would be waiting a minimum of 4 hours to get in. It was the longest line I've ever seen in my life! We started looking for alternative options - pay for a group tour and then once they got us in, ditch them (there is nothing I hate more than seeing sights in a crowd of 30 people all huddled together, drives me crazy) or we could pay a hefty price to buy a fast pass to the front... We were leaning toward coughing it up for the fast pass when this complete stranger walks up, still not sure if he was supposed to be selling tours or if he was just hanging out at the Vatican or what, but he tells us we shouldn't pay because in Italy a pregnant person never has to stand in line. He said we should just walk straight to the front of the line and point out my belly to the guard. We weren't sure if he was jacking with us or what but we tried it and holy smokes, it worked!! Best trick ever! We have been cutting lines ever since - its awesome! Good work Baby Cooper!
 

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

1 comment:

  1. Works with little kiddos too. When we went to France when Zack was 10 weeks old, we skipped all. of. the. lines.

    ReplyDelete