Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 31

Well, unfortunately a bump pic just wasn't in the cards this week... Sorry!

How Far Along: Thirty-ONE weeks! Nine to go!!

Total Weight Gain: Ironically (unless my husband did this to keep me from absolutely losing it, which is a possibility...) my scales flashed "Low Battery" at me and then proceeded to turn itself off this week. It's either Brandon or God - I think they are both trying to keep my sanity in tact.

Maternity Clothes:Yep - all shorts and some tops... I'm still sneaking in regular dresses but they are getting smaller by the day. I think at some point, I'll probably do an entire blog over maternity clothes - what stores I had luck with, where I found the best deals, how I managed to sneak in a few normal clothes and my love for accessories!

Gender: Boy!

Movement: Like a chicken with it's head cut off. (I never really realized how gruesome that saying was until now... eww.) He moves non-stop! I haven't had his position checked yet but I'm pretty positive little man in not head down being cooperative, he's still flipping and rolling away!

Sleep: Well, I am thankful that I enjoyed the last 7 months of sleeping like a champ because I'm afraid that may have come to a screeching halt this week. I've been waking up each morning between 3am-4am and cannot go back to sleep until around 6ish. Sleeping has NEVER been a problem for me so this is a complete shock! I just wake up hot, typically uncomfortable and thanks to allergies, coughing my head off. Nevertheless, I'm taking full advantage of this free time and am getting a lot of reading in!

What I Miss: Looking normal in a swimsuit. Ha! This weekend we ended up at the lake celebrating Father's Day and I haven't had time to pick up a maternity swimsuit yet so I just put on my most conservative suit - let's put it this way "conservative" is not a word I'd use to describe it's fit this summer. Sorry to anyone and everyone that happened to see me!!

Funny bathing suit/belly story: So we were all swimming around the boat dock and I was just laying on the tube trying to get a little sun and our littlest swimmer (she's almost 2) swam up to the tube and I lifted her on it with me. She turned to look at me smiling and saw my bare belly... her eyes got huge and she said "WHOOOOA!" Bahahaha, if you ever need a little honesty, just ask a kid!
 
What I'm Looking Forward To: Since we ended up at the lake, we didn't get all the things done that we had on our list so this weekend we are getting registered (which I find incredibly overwhelming!) and hopefully we'll find the perfect chair. We went to buy one earlier this week because the best little baby stores in OKC was having a sale but unfortunately none of them really just made us think "Perfect!" so we passed. Back to the drawing board! BUT the nursery is really starting to come together and it makes my heart very happy!

Cravings: Chocolate around the clock.

Aversions: Nothing much.

Other Crazy Symptoms: It looks like I have a light brown shade of lip liner on, but a little lipstick covers it pretty well as long as I put it on kind of sloppily. The tired is coming back with a vengeance - even to stand up while cooking just feels kind of exhausting so I've been sitting on a bar stool working away. I did try to "hop" up onto the kitchen counter to sit while I sliced a kiwi - let's put it this way, I'm not "hopping" anywhere for the next few months! Hilarious awkward moment.

I keep forgetting to mention this weird symptom... I have one fat armpit. Weird, right?! It's oddly puffy! Not only is it fat but it's also turning this dark shade so it always looks like I haven't shaved, but I have I promise! So I asked my doctor about it recently because I, of course, get a little paranoid about blood clots and he assured me that it was nothing to be concerned about but that I most likely had some breast tissue that had stretched to under my arm and it was just normal increase in size that would go away. Nevertheless I now have an armpit paranoia and you will not be catching me raising my right arm...

Daddy Update: Dad is doing great! We celebrated Brandon's first Father's Day this week - I had made plans to take him to a movie he's been wanting to see and fix him his favorite dinner, but at the very last minute he decided he wanted to go to the lake so we made a massive change of plans and did a little road tripping! He very sweetly shared his day with my Daddy and fun was had by all.

Best Moment of the Week: I think the best part of this week was getting to spend a weekend at the lake with nothing to do but relax and enjoy my sweet family. We stayed at my parents' lodge and it was so nice for everyone to be under one roof and two minutes from the water! I am so excited to have a sweet baby to share these fun times with, but I am cherishing every single minute of being a family of 2. Life is good!

 


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment