Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 29



How Far Along: Twenty-nine weeks!

Total Weight Gain: Still haven't seen a scale, but based on the ridiculous amount of gelato I've been consuming I think it's safe to say we are seeing an increase in pounds!

Maternity Clothes: All shorts and some tops

Gender: Baby BOY!

Movement: At this stage in the game, most people are doing "kick counts." Basically you are supposed to lay still for an hour and count the kicks/movement. Once you get to ten, you're done. I can get to ten in about 3-5 minutes... Active little man!

Sleep: Like a rock! While traveling we typically try to stay in rooms that we can get for a good deal - we literally sleep and shower there so no need for fine luxuries... Until this trip! So thankful that my sweet husband wanted to make sure his pregnant wife got a good night's sleep and splurged for one wonderful room after another!

What I Miss: Chips and queso... I always miss chips and queso when traveling! Ha!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Typically you are sad for a vacation to end, but this is the one time I am so looking forward to getting home! When we get back in town we are doing MAJOR nursery work and then showers start and then Cooper ARRIVES!! So many things to look forward to...

Cravings: Gelato and pizza, pizza, pizza! Cooper is one happy little man in Italy!

Aversions: The nasty fish and other assorted seafood that is just sitting on ice at the front of each restaurant... Eww.

Other Crazy Symptoms: My crazy symptom may be that I am feeling so good! When I was in Italy five years ago, we almost died of a heat stroke and this time it's cool enough for a light jacket... We have been walking for miles and miles each day and I feel wonderful!! We even knocked out two days worth of hiking between my favorite villages of Cinque Terra! I am so thankful that I've been blessed with good health throughout this entire pregnancy...

Daddy Update: Daddy is so, so good! Cooper is getting big enough that when he moves you can see it from across the room so Brandon has been really enjoying watching him squirm. In addition to his normal taking care of us, Brandon has lugged his luggage and mine all the way across Italy without complaint and has done everything possible to make sure that I am well taken care of. He's such an awesome husband, I can't wait to see him as a dad.

Best Moment of the Week: Everything about this week has been so wonderful! We have had the amazing opportunity to see all of Italy and while that is so fun and exciting the best part by far is getting to spend weeks of time with my precious husband with no distractions. The crazy schedules that are jobs require have always made us very appreciative of our time together, but when you know that your status of "just the two of us" is about to change drastically it makes the alone time even a little more sweet. So happy we were able to squeeze this trip in before our precious son arrives.


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable!! Have fun on your trip, I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You look so cute! I should have thought to do a pre-baby trip to Italy!

    ReplyDelete