Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 30




How Far Along: THIRTY weeks - where in the world has the time gone!? We are almost to a single digit countdown...

Total Weight Gain: 24 pounds... finally got to those scales.

Maternity Clothes: Shorts and a few tops

Gender: Boy

Movement: Nonstop. Every time I climbed in an airplane this week the little man worked his way up to my left ribs and pushed with all his little might. Thanks son.

Sleep: I think my internal clock is way off from traveling - I am tired early but wake up, like eyes wide open at 5:30am. Hoping to get my night owl normal back...

What I Miss: We've been back in Oklahoma for a few days now and I'm missing some gelato! BUT it's really nice to have mexican food again so I'll live.

What I'm Looking Forward To: This weekend we have a full agenda - picking out the rocking chair, registering for showers and it's Brandon's first Father's Day!

Cravings: I don't "crave" anything in particular because pretty much everything sounds good! I am chugging water like a crazy person - can't get enough to drink!

Aversions: None that I can think of.

Other Crazy Symptoms: My belly button is still trying to decide if it's in or out, pretty much changes by the minute. I'm starting to notice a little swelling in my feet which I didn't have until I got home this week - thank you Oklahoma heat. And last but not least, I'm afraid the tired stage is returning. I'm doing my best to hold it off, but I feel like my energy comes in bursts - I'll be super productive and then ten minutes later I'm exhausted just driving my car. Nevertheless, I am not complaining - I feel good, I don't hurt, Cooper and I are healthy and happy!

Daddy Update: Each week it gets a little tiny bit more real for Brandon. He wants to watch my belly move constantly (which isn't a problem because the kid never holds still) and I think the fact that the nursery is starting to come together bumped up his excitement quite a bit. He's already making internal to-do lists of things he wants to do with Cooper - truly adorable!

Best Moment of the Week: The nursery! It's FINALLY underway!! I've been getting so anxious about the fact that we hadn't even touched it and then this week in a matter of 48 hours our "storage" room became a full blown nursery - new paint, new carpet, furniture, the works! I can't wait to show pictures, but I'm trying to hold off until it's complete so we can have a grand reveal! I'm super excited and so very pleased with the progress! (Shout out to my parents for (a) picking us up at the airport at 1:30am and (b) pulling an extreme nursery makeover! You guys are so crazy good to us and we are greatly appreciative!)


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28


No comments:

Post a Comment