Thursday, April 10, 2014

Helpful Hint: How To Remove Stains From Your Laundry

If you have read a single one of my Cooper Weekly posts you are familiar with the fact that Baby Boy likes to eat! Now that he is chowing down on all kinds of yummy real food, I've had to learn a few new Mommy tricks in a hurry! 

EXAMPLE (A): 

I want Cooper to get to wear cute clothes + Babies are very messy eaters + I don't want to ruin all of Cooper's cute clothes = Mommy must be an expert stain fighter!

EXAMPLE (B):

What goes in Cooper, must come out... And some times "it" comes right on out of his diaper... Get my drift? Mommy needs to be an expert stain fighter and deserves a medal.



I know what you're thinking, "No, that sweet little angel face surely doesn't make a mess! He probably eats little tiny bites at a time and then politely holds his hands out waiting for you to wipe them off with a napkin." 

Think again.



This little squirt can cover his clothes in raspberries, hummus, pork chop seasoning, or whatever else his little appetite desires in not time flat! And while occasionally I just strip him down before handing him his grub, there are times when that just isn't practical. 




So, I did want any smart Mommy would do and called the most hard core stain fighter I know, my Aunt Jana. She's the Mommy of one beautiful daughter (who I'm pretty sure never got dirty) and THREE baseball playing boys who are always doing their best to get grass stains on their sparkly white suits. Side note: Can someone please explain to me why coaches always pick white? Seriously. 


They sure are some handsome dirty boys, huh?! Anyway, I asked her what her secret was and she sweetly shared it! Great news: it wasn't even that tricky - powder Biz and spray on Resolve - BOOM. (And no, this is not sponsored in any way, shape or form... )


So I put her tips to the test. First, I grabbed Cooper's shirt that had just gotten raspberries all over the pale colored sleeves. Then, knowing that I rarely ever put something straight into the washer, I dug out another shirt that had been sitting in the hamper all week and was covered in whatever slightly brown thing Cooper had eaten for dinner that night. 




I sprayed both heavily with the Resolve spray and rubbed it in slightly (based on the instructions on the bottle).


You could immediately see a difference in the fresh raspberry stain! 


Next I dropped the shirts into my sink, filled it about half full of hot water and the recommended amount of powdered Biz and stirred it up a little bit...


I didn't watch the clock very well but I had four loads of laundry and I started soaking the shirts when I put the first load in... and I stuck them in the washer with the last load... You get the general idea... 


I ran them through the washer with the rest of Cooper's clothes and then stretched them and let them hang dry. **NOTE: DO NOT DRY BABY CLOTHES!! Almost every brand will shrink up considerably and you'll get about two wears out of everything (trust me, I learned this the hard way). I wash all of Cooper's clothes together either on normal or delicate cycle and then get them out and give them a little stretch before laying them flat or hang drying them. His clothes have started lasting soooooo much longer! (If you've already dried them, fear not, just stick them back in the washer and stretch them out - it works!)

Check this out:



Sparkling clean & spotless! 

And as an added bonus I really like the smell of Biz! Thanks Aunt Jana for the great tip... You saved the day! Hope that this little hint, helps keep your clothes looking great.

Be Blessed,
Raegan

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I'm excited to try Biz. I've never even heard of it. My friends joke with me that I could be Oxiclean's poster child as my garage is packed full of it in the fall. However, you MUST try Zout sometime. It's AMAZING! I have converted all my fellow coaching wives into Zout believers. It takes out anything without having to presoak. I've gone as far as getting out football helmet paint off of white football jerseys/pants. Another wife got a shirt clean that had been washed/dried several times and still had grease stains on it. Our head baseball coach's wife just started using it and texted me with sheer joy bc it was much easier than other stain removers to get white baseball pants clean. Zout is hard to find, but Target almost always has it in stock. Thanks for the tips! I'm excited to try Biz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a freak about getting stains out of clothing. Ainslee is by far my messiest child, I always have lovely "blowout" stains to clean out. I spend a good 15 minutes with stain remover and a toothbrush scrubbing stains out. I will have to purchase some biz and find some zout. I'm all about finding an easier method!

    Also, I know it's totally retro, but I seriously want an outside clothes line. There is sooooo much clothing in our house that I do not dry.

    ReplyDelete