Monday, October 7, 2013

Cooper: Week 7



COOPER LIKES:



Kicking those chubby little legs! 
This week Cooper figured out how to make those legs work! It looks like he is riding a bicycle non-stop! Every time I put him in the car seat, I can hear the "swish, swish, swish..." of his little legs moving against the seat


Reading books! 
Cooper can be in the middle of a wild fit and if you crack open a book and start reading, he is instantly mesmerized! I am beyond thrilled, as Brandon and I love to read and are happy to see that trait passed on! We can't get enough of his adorable little baby books - so fun!



Sleeping. 
He is a good little sleeper! I vacuumed directly under his swing this week and he didn't budge. The doorbell will ring, Rylee will have a barking fit and Cooper sleeps right through it like a champ! Obviously, his mother's child...

COOPER DOES NOT LIKE:

This week there wasn't really anything that he didn't like. He's one happy baby!


MOMMY'S FAVORITE 
PICTURE OF THE WEEK:

Typically in the mornings, I put Cooper either in the swing or the rock 'n play while I get ready but we were at my parents' house and didn't have either, so the laundry basket had to do. 
Cooper didn't seem to mind!




WEEK 7 HAPPENINGS:


Day 43: We made our first trip to one of mommy's secret shopping spots with the little man! We spent five, count 'em, FIVE hours in this big old crazy warehouse and Cooper was an absolute champ! Yet again, we couldn't have pulled it off without our Scout carrier! You know it's a good day shopping when you barely have room for the car seat in the backseat!


Cooper attended his first Vian football game! I'm afraid my sweet boy may have exhausted all his good behavior while shopping because, despite looking very handsome in his adorable jersey onesie, Cooper-man did not love the football game... I feel confident it had everything to do with being tired, hungry and constantly passed up and down the bleachers as everyone wanted to admire the little man! The Wolverines claimed another "W"and we loved getting to see my little cousin, Denver, in action. As always, it was a good night to be a Wolverine!



Day 44: Mommy's high school 10 year reunion! Boy does time fly?! I had a wonderful time seeing so many old friends and getting to introduce them to Brandon and Cooper. It was a great weekend spent with friends!


Day 45: Sunday after church we went to the annual Fin & Feather Festival! Cooper loved getting to hang out with his Pops and Daddy while the girls shopped. Afterwards Pops took us all on some wild adventures in the Gator while looking for a new house to call home... The search begins!


Day 46: Daddy was on call at the hospital so Cooper and I played all day (and night) long! This was the first night that I put Cooper in his crib and he actually stayed there... well until midnight, when I couldn't stand it any longer! He didn't fuss a bit, but I just kept walking to the end of the hall and staring because I missed the little guy. So, more to break Mommy in than Cooper, we are putting him in his crib at night until his first feeding and then he gets to stay in our room. Baby steps... 


Day 47: Cooper must have known Daddy was post call and would get to be home with us all day because he woke up in the best mood!


Day 48: Cooper played so hard he passed smooth out on his activity mat... There's a first!



Day 49: Mommy had lots of errands to run and Cooper got dragged along. He was the perfect little angel, just going from store to store with a smile... I had one final stop - the dreaded Walmart - when the poor kid crashed right as I pulled into the parking lot. This left me with the great dilemma of (a) skipping Walmart and heading home, even though I needed to pick a few things up and we were already there; (b) taking in the big ol' heavy car seat which leaves zero space in the cart for anything you might want to buy; (c) carry the baby and push the cart with one hand and an elbow and just beg strangers to help put items (cough pumpkins cough) in the cart for me; or (d) put him in the Scout at the risk of waking him while trying to get it fastened. I went with "d" and it worked like a charm. Seriously, they don't pay me to advertise for them (actually the line Scout doesn't even exist anymore) but I can't sing the praises of that little carrier enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment