Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cooper: Week 8



COOPER LIKES:




Cooper doesn't like, Cooper LOVES to read books! 
He was throwing a fussy little fit and once I cracked open the book and start reading he perked right up! In this picture we were reading Corduroy and he kept putting his little feet up to the book very slowly right until they touched and then he would just gurgle and start kicking away until I turned the page and then the process would repeat. 



Rylee

Not the best picture, but when you are trying to get a dog and a newborn to cooperate you take what you can get! Cooper spotted Rylee and was very intrigued - she's like a moving black and white picture. Rylee could care less if Cooper is around or not... I'm sure that will change as he becomes mobile. Sorry in advance little dog!




Sitting in his Bumbo like a big boy!
Cooper loves his swing and activity mat, but occasionally he makes it very clear that he doesn't want to be laying down. The little man is curious about everything that is going on and much prefers to see the world so we decided to try out the Bumbo. He has had a pretty strong neck from the beginning but in the last week or two it's taken off and I feel completely comfortable with him holding it all by himself. The Bumbo has worked great and he is a happy camper!


COOPER DOES NOT LIKE:


He actually enjoys bath time now that we switched from the hard tub to the soft one that fits in the sink, but nevertheless, he was mean muggin' this week when I told him he had to take a bath... Signs of things to come, I'm sure.

  RANDOM FUNNY STORIES:

I would say that 80% of the time Cooper is a wonderful baby - very content and easy - but that remaining 20%... well... he can kind of be a bit of a stinker. (I foresee a phone call from my mom to debate that breakdown after she reads this, but 80/20 is pretty accurate regardless of what the grandmothers may say.) 



That 20% showed up in full force this week as my best friend, Sheridan, finally got to meet the little man while she was in town for the weekend. Sheridan was so cute and excited to hold Cooper, but unfortunately she arrived right in time to see the cranky Cooper! Every time she touched him he went from totally fine to pouting to screaming in about 15 seconds flat. (I promise that his reaction is no reflection of her character or maternal abilities.) Nevertheless, the pictures were pretty priceless. Thanks Sheridan for being a good sport!

MOMMY'S FAVORITE 
PICTURE OF THE WEEK:


Mommy can't get enough of this pretty sleeping boy.

WEEK 8 HAPPENINGS:


Day 50: Brandon had been on call the night before so Cooper took advantage of the situation and napped with daddy on and off throughout the day. 


Day 51: Cooper cheered the Sooners on to a victory over TCU! His daddy carried him to the game while he chewed on the Scout and checked out the tailgating scene... This was also Cooper's first time to wear shoes! This boy is getting too big too fast!


Enjoying the game with Gabby*!
(*Name still under debate)


Unfortunately for Mommy, Cooper is always hungry 
so every time I hold him for a picture this is the face I get. Lovely.


Our little family!


Day 52: Cooper had one seriously busy day! He started with having to share Gabby* with Rylee (the "grand dog" as she is affectionately referred to). Then we were off to LifeChurch! After church we met Brandon's dad for lunch and went to check out the progress on his new house. Finally we headed back to home to met Uncle Awesome and watch our favorite Sunday night show, Amazing Race! Overall an extra fun day with a lot of people we love!


Day 53: No picture today, but Cooper went with Brandon and I to LifeChurch Volunteer Training... He currently holds the record for tiniest volunteer!


Day 54: Cooper's first work out! Cooper and I attended Baby Yoga and we had a blast!! He was enamored with all the other babies in the room! The baby closest to us kept making an occasional little squeaking sound and Cooper would quickly turn and check him out with the most confused face ever - it was pretty funny to watch. Cooper was a perfect little angel and we both enjoyed all the stretching and moving! We can't wait to go back again next week!!

After yoga, we had a little date with Gramma Helen, Cooper's great-grandmother! We are planning on making our date with Gramma and Jerry a post-yoga ritual... We love spending time with this sweet, sweet duo.


Day 56: Playdate with Jackson... yet again, no picture. This is just getting ridiculous! But I did take a picture when we got home of this fat and happy baby who crashed as soon as we walked in the door! 

**I typically only post one or two of my favorites from the rocker, but Cooper was cracking me up this week with his facial expressions so I made an exception. He is starting to develop a bit of a personality and you can see his little mind work through the many faces he makes. Please prepare yourself - picture overload follows!**

"Fine mom, I will pose as long as you make this quick."

"I'm getting too big for this chair. Let's be done."

"I'm completely serious - enough pictures."

"Did you not hear me? Stop woman."

"I told you to stop two pictures ago, so no more smiling for you!"

"Seriously? That didn't make you put the camera down? What the heck?"

"I'm not joking. It isn't funny."

"Forget it, I'll just ignore you and play by myself."



1 comment:

  1. he is growing so fast.
    Hope you all are coming to TBA this weekend.

    ReplyDelete