Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cooper: Week 11



COOPER LIKES:


 


Splashin' in his big boy bath!

COOPER DOES NOT LIKE:


Out of nowhere, we have progressed to full force hatred of the car seat.
Luckily for you I can't photograph the sound of the blood curdling screams 
coming from my back seat!

MOMMY'S FAVORITE 
PICTURE OF THE WEEK:


WEEK 11 HAPPENINGS:


Day 72: Cooper attended his first (and quite possibly last) Affair of the Heart. He was an absolute perfect baby while his Mommy shopped through seven gigantic buildings! The stroller made the browsing a bit more difficult, but it was really fun to have so many sweet ladies compliment my pretty boy! Since he is a boy, and this time next year will be a boy on the move, I am going to do my best to not put him through that torture again.





Day 73: This week we took Cooper to the OU v. Texas Tech game and boy was it an exciting one!! It rained off and on throughout the game but thankfully Cooper didn't mind sharing a poncho with his Momma. He is so funny as he truly is happy as long as he can see the field! The highlight of the game was when Cooper stole the show and was featured on the jumbotron! My mom was holding him so Brandon and I were able to whip out our phones and snap a picture of our little celebrity baby! So fun!!



Day 74: Cooper and I took a little road trip home to celebrate our big cousin Blake turning 2!! She had a costume birthday party and it was so fun to get to see all my family's kiddos in their Halloween attire! The birthday girl and Cooper were both scarecrows so we had to get their picture together - when I got home and flipped through the photos on my camera my heart just felt full when I looked at this picture. Callie and I have always agreed our dream was to move back to our hometown and raise our babies together... This picture is one step closer to our dream coming true! What lucky girls we are. {I'll post more costume pictures in a separate Halloween post later this week!}



Day 75: Cooper and I visited all the great-grandmas from my side of the family - unfortunately we didn't take any pictures though. Then we hopped in the car and headed home to our Daddy! Do you see those little feet almost touching the seat? How in the world is he supposed to continue sitting in that for another TEN months?!



Day 76: We FINALLY visited Pumpkinville! For some reason, visiting a pumpkin patch with my baby has always been something I wanted to do soooo bad! Momma loves a good photo opportunity, as if you couldn't tell! Our little man was so cooperative and we got propped him up all around the little patch. It was great fun and Brandon and I laughed at ourselves doing crazy things trying to get him to look in our direction - I can't even imagine what we'll be doing next year to coax a smile out of him! {There are about a million pictures and I'm going to post them all in the Halloween post so prepare yourself for photo overload!}

We had two hilarious incidents on Day 76 that I want to document...
Story #1: Being as it was Tuesday, Cooper and I attended Baby Yoga and then headed over to Gramma Helen's for our weekly visit. Cooper sat in her lap like a little doll and then when he eventually began to squirm, I took him and decided to change his diaper. Oh. My. Goodness. Baby boy had a blow out like none other - worst diaper he's ever had!! It came out the top AND the leg holes! His little sweat pants were full of the mess and I quickly began damage control. Gramma very sweetly came over to take the little pants and rinse them out. As she made her way to the kitchen I could hear her cracking up - she was laughing harder than I have ever heard her laugh. As she turned and made her way back towards me I could see that she had also fallen victim to the blow out - her shirt and pants were soaked! I was so embarrassed, but after she assured me it was fine and made a quick change of clothes, we both couldn't help but laugh hysterically! 



Story #2: Brandon's mom had bought Cooper this adorable little Halloween onesie and  despite the fact that it was a bit snug when I put it on him, I didn't want to miss the opportunity for him to get to wear it and thought oh he'll be fine,  Halloween is this week so I won't make him wear it again. He wore it all day and while his little sweats had gotten messed up at Grammas, his onesie had somehow survived so I hadn't tried to take it off, but just let him wear it home. I was going to change him into his little pumpkin patch outfit, so I started to take off the onesie when I realized it wasn't coming off! I could get it pulled up just a little above the top of the diaper but his arms were not coming out and it wasn't budging around his rib cage. So I pulled and tugged and pulled some more before I realized that little shirt was seriously stuck on my baby!! How he had remained quite content all day despite the lack of blood flow to his extremities is a mystery to me! Poor little man had to be CUT out of his onesie! Bahahahaha! I literally rolled him onto his belly and very carefully took the scissors to his cute little shirt. You should have seen the stretching he did afterwards! We won't try squeezing my sweet big boy into anything quite so tight again. 




Day 77: Mommy and Daddy's first official date night! The law school had it's annual Order of the Owl Hall of Fame dinner and we decided to go. Cooper stayed with his first babysitter - my precious cousin, Hayden - while we were out. It was a very surreal feeling to leave him with Hayden, as I was her babysitter growing up! It is quite a luxury to have family close by so we can enjoy a night out without having a worry in the world that our little man is being loved, adored and absolutely doted on. We came home to find both the little babes happily snuggling on the couch. Thank you Hayden Taylor for loving on our sweet baby.

Side note: During dinner, I caught Brandon on his phone and assumed he was checking the score of the Thunder game... He saw me shoot him a look and he turned the phone so I could see that he was texting Hayden asking how his boy was doing. Melt momma's heart! Cooper is so lucky to have such a caring daddy.







No comments:

Post a Comment