Friday, November 15, 2013

The Littlest Scarecrow


Cooper's first Halloween was a great success! I thought long and hard trying to dream up a costume for the little man's first costume - I wanted something cute, but nothing that he would hate me for when he turned 18. So a handsome little scarecrow seemed to be the perfect fit! With the help of Gabby/Mama Shawna (yes, the name debate is STILL taking place), we were able to whip up a costume in no time! To everyone's surprise, Cooper didn't seem to mind it much at all! He really wanted his hands in his mouth and the straw was interfering with that a bit, but other than that he was a happy little scarecrow! 




Since his big cousin Blake had a wonderful dress up birthday party, Cooper was able to see pretty much everyone in the family and take LOTS of pictures! Thanks Blake! Below are all the fun costumes from Blake's birthday party!







On Halloween day, I thought it'd be fun to take Cooper back to Pumpkinville for pictures in his costume. The second we walked into the patch, my little man passed smooth out for one  of his longest naps to date. I tried to wait him out by sitting on a park bench but rain eventually forced us back to the car. Some kind stranger took our picture sitting on the bench, other than that we left with one picture of the sleepy scarecrow!



We spent Halloween night at Grammy's house so we could see Cooper's cousins - Brooks and Kamryn. That many babies cooperating for a photo session is kind of impossible so we only snapped a few quick pictures! Nevertheless, it was a fun time hanging out with Batman and Robin!





I have never been a huge Halloween fan - it took a pretty serious hit when I realized the parties and bags of candy ended after elementary school - but Cooper brought the joy of the holiday back for us! I decided that Halloween as a mommy is much more fun than Halloween as a kid! I'm looking forward to many, many more costumes, candy and fun with this sweet boy!

OH, one more thing... the one thing I LOVE about Halloween is the Jimmy Kimmel segment, "I Told My Kid I Ate All Their Halloween Candy."  You can watch them HERE and HERE. This is totally happening to Cooper in the future. I am praying that he acts like the sweet little kids that they show at the end... and if he doesn't he will be in biiiiig trouble!








No comments:

Post a Comment