Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cooper: Week 26



COOPER LIKES:


Hanging out with his cousins.


The rolling ball.
Cooper isn't too sure whether he loves the ball or hates it...
He finds it very entertaining, but once it rolls too far away for him to reach all the fun is over!


Sitting up.



Doing new bath time tricks.
The only drawback was once he got rolled over, he couldn't get back!




Talking.
The Little Prince has LOTS to say and his stories are quite entertaining.

COOPER DOES NOT LIKE:



The Moby Wrap.
He has zero desire to have his arms tucked in...
Plus, he wants to look around - this boy doesn't miss a thing!


Blogging.
Apparently it isn't very exciting...
And now you know why I have a hard time getting blogs posted on time - 
I can only type with one hand!

MOMMY'S FAVORITE 
PICTURE OF THE WEEK:


First hotel stay - check.


That chuckle.
Best little old man sound I've ever heard.

WEEK 26 HAPPENINGS:


Day 176: We went shopping for a front door for our new house which required getting in and out of the car about five times - Cooper was really excited about it as you can tell.







Every year Brandon's residency hosts a retreat for the family medicine residents. It's a great weekend of rest, relaxation and fun with Brandon's work friends! The retreat also meant Cooper had his first hotel stay! As expected, he took the change of scenery like an absolute champ and slept great in his little pack and play. We are always thankful to have such an agreeable, easy going little boy!




Day 177: We had one very busy day! We enjoyed a fabulous baby brunch to welcome our soon-to-be-buddy Baby Cast! We are so excited to get to meet Baby Cast and learn if he is a he or a she! The brunch was absolutely a-dorable and thankfully, Cooper was on his best behavior! He was passed all around and smiled and talked and jumped and did lots of flirting! He started fussing a bit so I stood while my dear friend, Britanny, opened her gifts and I quickly realized the Little Prince was down for the count! Sweet baby...


 


Mommy, Cooper, Suzanne, Pat, Blake, Hayden, Casey, Henry, Lyndsey, Levi, Callie (Creede) and Jana. 
Not pictured: Zac, Jane, Pops and Gabby



We wrapped up the day with yet another ball game! Shocking, I know. BUT this time we had some extra fun company - a few of Cooper's cousins! Blake and Henry came to check out what Uncle Awesome and our favorite cheerleader, Hayden, were up to at OU! It was so fun to have the fam all decked in their crimson cheering on the Sooners!


Day 178: After the retreat wrapped up, we visited Grandpa and Sonya. We had a great time seeing Sonya's new beautiful house and cheering on the Thunder. Before heading home we stopped at Dillards and Cooper found a mirror just his size! It was very entertaining while Mommy browsed the shoe department!



Day 179: With Cooper's six month birthday rapidly approaching, we are starting to think about big kid food! So we practiced sitting in our big boy high chair and... He. LOVED. It! That evening he decided he wanted some of Mommy and Daddy's apple slices - surprise, surprise - our big eater loved those too! This whole eating real food thing is going to be fun... and veryyyy messy!


Day 180: We missed music class this week but we still got in our visit to Gramma's. Cooper sure does love her and Jerry - I'm pretty positive the feeling is mutual!


Day 181: Gabby came to town to do a little babysitting and so, of course, we went to another ball game!! 




Day 182: Mommy did a little volunteering today so Cooper spent the day with his Gabby! Gabby was so on the ball she had a play date lined up with her friend, Sandy, and her granddaughter, Ainsley! According to the report I got from Gabby - Cooper and Ainsley happily hung out and jumped together. (Note: Cooper is jumping backwards in his Johnny Jump Up - oops! He didn't seem to mind. Haha!)


Random side note - I was volunteering for EIGHT hours straight which I believe is the longest I've left Cooper at one time so... Momma was missing her boy! Brandon called me on his way home from work to tell me he was going to take my mom and Cooper to dinner and that they would be meeting up with Zac. After getting off the phone, I sent him a text message suggesting that he could send me a picture. When my phone lit up with a return text I typed in my little code as quick as my fingers would work and this is what I got:


Those two always keep me laughing! Not exactly the picture I was requesting, but at least it was entertaining!




No comments:

Post a Comment