Monday, June 16, 2014

Letter to Cooper's Daddy

Yesterday was Brandon's first Father's Day and Cooper's 10 month birthday... It amazes me that in a little less than a year, my husband has mastered being a Daddy! He can bring smiles and laughter to my sweet son's face when nobody else can. He teaches him and disciplines him and shows him true, unconditional love... and he's pretty darn good at changing diapers! 

Below is a letter that I gave Brandon the day Cooper was born. I've done my best to live up to my promises and without a doubt, he has exceeded all my expectations. As lucky as Cooper is to have Brandon as a Daddy, I feel even more blessed to have him as a husband and partner in this parenting journey. We are so fortunate and grateful to call him ours. We love you Daddy... Thank you for all that you do.


Husband,


Today is a day I've been looking forward to my whole entire life... Today we become parents! It doesn't seem real even as I write it. Nevertheless, it's true - Cooper Remington King belongs to you and me. Could life get any better?



Our world has officially changed forever, but I want to remind you that a few things will always remain the same... (1) You are my #1 priority, the absolute love of my life. Some days it may feel like this little man has waltzed in and stole your spotlight but please remember that I truly believe I can't be the mom I want to be without being the wife you deserve. So if you begin to feel neglected, I want you to gently let me know while never forgetting that it is my heart's desire to please you always. (2) I am 100% your biggest fan. Sweet husband of mine, I know without a shadow of a doubt you are going to be the very best daddy in the whole wide world. I believe in you! From our beginning we have had each others' backs and that will not change. I chose you as my husband because I knew you would be the perfect man to lead our family. You have done nothing in the last two years but strengthened my faith in that... I promise to do my very best to always support you, to never allow an adorable little boy play us against each other and when the time comes that we don't see eye to eye (and it will come I'm sure) to never question or push you in front of him. (3) Finally, never ever forget how much I appreciate you. Thank you for letting me stay home and be Cooper's mommy. Thank you for always making me believe that I am still a contributor to our family, that this new "job" of mine is one of great importance and worth. Thank you for loving me always.



I read once "Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice." I believe this to be true and it brings me great confidence that our son will grow up to be an incredible, Godly man - one that we will be so very proud of. I know this because the example you will set for him will be an amazing one! You will show him what love looks like in the way you treat him, his mom, his friends and even complete strangers. You will teach him that wisdom, guidance and good judgment can't be found by simply attending Sunday service, but by walking with Christ daily. You will show him that he is important by giving him the gift of your time. You will teach him compassion, humility and what a caring heart looks like as you provide and care for your patients. You will show him the joy of being generous as you constantly search for ways to invest in people. You will teach him the importance of education as you are a life-long learner. You will show him the thrill of adventure as I'm sure he'll be tagging along on all our travels and trips. You will show him strength and courage as you will inevitably be forced to make difficult decisions and I am confident you will make the right ones even when they aren't fun or easy or popular.



Brandon King you have a whole lot of responsibility, from today on there will be little eyes always watching... There is not another person in the world I would rather have my son looking up to. 



I love you with my whole heart.



Love,
Raegan

No comments:

Post a Comment