Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Blog About Being Blogged!

I had the privilege of working with The French Bouquet of Tulsa on our wedding. I don't use the term "privilege" lightly...  Anne-Marie Foy and her crew were a-mazing!! The French Bouquet has very sweetly featured our wedding on their blog - not once, not twice, not three time, but FOUR TIMES! We are beyond honored! We feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with The French Bouquet. They truly went above and beyond to make our wedding a dream come true!

The French Bouquet van carrying loads of stunning flowers!
 I met with Anne-Marie a few times before the wedding and she was so wonderful to make sure she truly captured the look I was going for. I wanted our flowers to be rustic but elegant, not too "fixed" looking and full of lots of different blooms! She nailed it! Brandon and I got married on my family's ranch and Anne-Marie personally made the hour and a half trip to the ranch the week before the wedding to get a feel for the place and look at some of the details we had been planning. She and about 5 helpers arrived the morning of the the big day and worked non-stop up until an hour before the wedding. The French Bouquet posted a "Behind the Scenes" blog featuring the hard work leading up to our wedding! You can see it here.


Our bouquets were the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen - lots of different flowers and textures! The colors were exactly what I had described and my bridesmaids couldn't stop talking about them!! My bouquet was so beautiful - softer colors, not a perfect sphere since I wanted it to be more loose, with a variety of flowers and the perfect size to complement my dress! The French Bouquet posted about my bridal bouquet and photographs by Josh McCullock. You can view that one here. Then they posted about all of the wedding party's personal flowers here.


Then, my personal favorite, the DETAILS!! For the ceremony my dad had built a huge arch (think 16 feet tall) and Anne-Marie and I had discussed in great depth what it would look like. I wanted a cross made out of willows on the point and heavy flowers all over it. I didn't want it to be too overwhelming with color as I wanted to emphasize the natural beauty of the ceremony location. It turned out better than I imagined. Anne-Marie just climbed right up on some scaffolds and went to work! It was perfect! Down the aisles she made little mini-bouquets to add a little pop of color to the wooden lanterns and stumps I had placed down both sides. They were beautiful and perfect! I had purchased an entire shipment of candle sticks of various sizes and so I took one of each size to Anne-Marie prior to the wedding and she made the perfect flowers for each one and incorporated willow sticks to pull in the rustic feel - each table looked amazing and different! She sweetly used any flowers she had left over in different places around the site. The French Bouquet posted about all the "Frilly Little Details" in their final blog post, shown here!


The final result was exactly what I had envisioned!! Anne-Marie and her girls were a joy to work with! They went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect! Thanks so much French Bouquet!!

1 comment:

  1. Diana from Melbourne Australia :)December 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

    Your wedding was absolutely stunning and it looks like you had the best time.
    I am in LOVE with your dress... where did you get it from?!?

    ReplyDelete