Monday, January 9, 2012

Top 20 in 2011

Ok, this is my last "New Year" post, I promise! But since part of my purpose in blogging is to be able to look back through my blog as though it was a scrapbook (because let's face it, I'm not ever going to get around to actually scrapbooking regardless of my best intentions), I have to put in a few things about 2011 so that someday I can say, "I remember when gasoline was $3.14 a gallon!" So bear with me, I'll be back to bigger and better things tomorrow! [Sidenote: I say "bear with me" all the time, but I never have to spell it... Is it bare or bear?! I asked B and he didn't know either (which made me feel better) so I googled it. It said "bare with me" would be an invitation to undress. Glad I checked into it. This blog could have gotten PG13 fast!]

TOP 20 IN 2011
{I didn't make these questions up, so don't blame me if they are kind of random}

1. What did you do in 2011 that you haven't done before?
Um, a few things - bought a house, got married, changed my name, lived with a very handsome dude, spent Thanksgiving away from my family (but with my NEW family), started a blog (!!)... and I was in two weddings in one day!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and did you make new ones?
Unfortunately I didn't write down my 2011 NYR so I can't remember what they were... in other words, no I failed terribly. BUT I did make new ones in 2012 and I'm off to a much better start! Read all about it here. They included: (1) Work out at least three times a week. (2) Stop drinking pop. (3) Keep a daily prayer journal. (4) One random act of kindness each week.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, yes, yes! My very bestest friend and cousin, Callie, brought Miss Blake Elizabeth into the world! (with a little help from her husband, Levi) You can see precious little Blake right here!

Blythe and I with brand new Baby Blake
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, I did attend a few funerals in 2011, but thankfully I was in attendance because they were special people to some of my friends. I didn't personally know anyone that passed away this year.

5. What places did you visit?
I visited Miami (B's older brother's wedding), Orlando (work), Waco (work), and the Dominican Republic (honeymoon!).

Honeymoon in the Dominican!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I really, really, really want to work on spending time DAILY in God's word. I tend to let this slide easily and so I've signed myself up to read through the entire Bible during 2012 through a plan provided by the app YouVersion on my iPhone. It's a free app that is generated by the church we attend in OKC, Lifechurch.tv and it is awesome!

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory? Why?
Easy one - September 17, 2011. Married my very best friend that day!

8. What was your biggest achievement in 2011?
Not an easy one. This might sound kind of silly but I feel like pulling off our Ranch wedding was the biggest achievement in 2011... although it definitely wasn't just MY biggest achievement, it was a group effort!!

9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Nothing I didn't survive!

10. What was the best thing you bought?
Well this is starting to sound a bit repetitive, but the best thing I bought was a ring! Pretty much the only thing I paid for with my own personal money in 2011 was Brandon's ring. I liked it so I put a ring on it... Wuh uh oh uh uh oh!

My best purchase was the one on the right, Brandon's best purchase was the one on the left!

11. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding, definitely the wedding... and then after September 17th it started going to the house and gasoline. Exciting stuff, I know. (I think that's a very good question... I bet it's interesting to see where your money goes each year and how it changes.)

12. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Probably Eli Young Band's "Crazy Girl." Brandon and I love that song... He wanted to dance to it at our wedding but I was pretty sure nobody would listen to all the words and then they'd think Brandon was just calling me crazy so it got nixed. Of course, "Oh Happy Day" will forever be a special song to us!

13. What do you wish you'd done more of ?
I wish I would have spent more time at the lake this summer. Having a real job really messes up my lake schedule. I would have also liked to ride horses more... only once all year! That's a tragedy.

14. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worried about the small stuff. I feel like a worried quite a bit about things that were/are completely out of my control.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
MODERN FAMILY! And we are some of the few remaining Grey's Anatomy followers! (For recording purposes, Brandon also really likes Wipe Out. Just FYI.)

16. What was the best book you read?
The Help was AWESOME! Oh my goodness, I wish there was a sequel to this wonderful book. And yes, the movie was good but if you didn't read the book you should!! They left out so many important things! (Granted I was slightly distracted throughout the movie by the fact that Emma Stone looked JUST LIKE a grown up version of Brandon's little cousin, Sophie! It was crazy and I couldn't get over it.)


 **Just imagine little Sophie all grown up... I'm serious, it's Emma Stone!!


17. Question 17 was inadvertantly omitted from the questionaire, sooooo I'm going to open it up to you guys! If anybody has a question for me or knows of a good question you reflected on to start out this New Year PLEASE share it in the comments and I'll answer away!

18. What did you do on your birthday?
Another great question! I can never remember what I did on my birthday and I always wish I knew... This year Brandon got my girlfriends and their husbands together and we went to eat at Mama Rosa on Lake Hefner for my birthday. Good work husband! The day after my birthday I helped host Callie's baby shower in my hometown so I got to celebrate with a little birthday dinner with my fam and then I opened presents while we watched the OU v. Kansas game!

19. What political issues stirred you the most?
I try not to talk about politics because regardless of what you say, somebody gets offended. So here are the things that make me unsettled as far as politics (and society in general) are concerned (Please note, this isn't directed at republicans or democrats, our problems are way bigger than just party differences): The fact that apparently nobody in Washington has ever been taught that if you make more subtractions to your money than additions, it's a bad thing. The fact that there are people in our country who legitimately need help - financially and medically, but yet we can't figure out a system to weed out the lazy people (and the lazy people don't have enough pride, self-respect or dignity to go get a real job). The fact that out of the entire United States, the Republican party can't find a single person I'd actually like to vote for AND I'M A REPUBLICAN! The fact that our education system is hugely underfunded and Washington seems to have forgotten that a quality education for our children is one of the key components to the future success of our country. The fact that it sure does look like a lot of things are kind of crashing in on us... maybe the Republicans and the Democratics should remember we're all on the same team here and WORK TOGETHER!!! The fact that we are one nation UNDER GOD - and that phrase, the one our great country happens to have been founded on, IS kind of a big deal and that shouldn't be up for debate. So, there you go, I'll step off my soap box now. 

20. Who was the best new person you met?
Best person I met? Man, in case you happened to sneak past question 19 without offending half the world, they make sure you alienate somebody in question 20. I'm going to work my way around this one by not throwing any names into the ring. 2011 has been a wonderful year for developing new friendships and strengthening old ones. I am so thankful to be surrounded by so many awesome people who always make me feel loved and adored. Please know that each and every one of you are greatly appreciated and hugely loved! 


So, there you go... My Top 20 in 2011. Don't forget to write me up a really good Question 17!! Thanks for stopping by today! See you tomorrow!

Be Blessed!
Raegan

1 comment:

  1. How do you feel about: list 5 things that make your Mom the best. (ok so I might be pushing it with 5 ---make it 3).

    Ok. Maybe this one is more believable. What is the most significant thing you learned in 2011? Or. What one regret do you have regarding 2011? If you could have "do-overs" for one day of 2011 what would you change and why?

    ReplyDelete