Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 10





How Far Along: 10 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 3 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Nope

Gender: Eight weeks until we know!

Movement: I can see it on an ultrasound but I can't feel it yet.

Sleep: Getting better! I had one day this week where I felt like my old self and not like a sleep deprived zombie... it was pretty awesome, hoping for more of those days soon!

What I Miss: Same stuff - eating food without worrying it's going to make me sick. Meat. I really miss Taco Bell and McAlisters French Dip and steak... It all sounds so good and then I smell it when I walk in and instantly start turning green.

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm getting pretty excited to know if it's a girl or a boy. Right now I just feel like I'm in limbo - I can't buy anything because it has to be gender neutral, I can't decorate because I don't have a clue which direction to go and the name game would be much easier if I knew one gender to focus on! But I'll just have to sit tight for a few more months... Oh that sounds like a long time!

Cravings: I had my first official craving this week! Simple Simon's Alpine Sticks!! For those of you who don't have a Simple Simons in your neighborhood, it's a pizza place (lots of times located in a convenient store) and they have very best cheese sticks in the entire world because they use their special "alpine sauce" (kind of like a creamy italian but slightly different). To. Die. For. We have a SS very close to the town where my parents live and I made the mistake of talking about alpine sticks with my mom on the phone. As soon as we hung up, I knew I had to have some so I typed it in my phone and much to my dismay there is not a single SS in all of Oklahoma City! But I found one relatively close by so I turned my car that direction and gave them a call... The cook was out for Martin Luther King Day! Noooooo! So I looked at the next closest one - 28 miles. Yep, I totally drove it. I called the store and the cook had never heard of alpine sticks! Seriously, people?! I explained it to him and he told me he'd do his best... I thanked him profusely, to the point it was awkward but I didn't care and then I drove past two small cities, one super small town, turned down a two lane road and drove another 8 miles to a convenient store perched at the top of the hill. When I walked in the guy behind the counter smiled and said, "You must be the cheese bread girl!" How embarrassing. He had very sweetly done some research and made a few phone calls until someone had told him how to make it. I contemplated hugging him, but decided against it. He rang me up - $4. I left him a very nice tip and told him I'd see him next week! That whole "craving" thing is for real, people.

Aversions: Really big weekend - while in St. Louis with my bestie, Sheridan, I ate half a hamburger! It was monumental and I was super excited! Fingers crossed, meat is slowly making a come back! My big aversion this week, was the mean green milkshake. Details under "Daddy Update."

Other Crazy Symptoms: This was my first time to fly since getting pregnant and I was a little concerned that motion sickness + morning sickness would be one big disaster, but luckily I sat in my assigned seat and passed smooth out for the entire flight!

Daddy Update: My sweet, sweet husband has been so wonderful! He has picked up so much slack around the house and has been so patient with me. This week, he decided that he was going to help me start eating... He's been a little concerned that Baby King isn't getting enough nutrients. So he got up extra early and made me a "mean green milkshake." Now, if you know me at all you know I don't eat hardly anything green so husband did his best to cover it up. The green is chopped up baby spinach leaves, then he added almond soy milk, bananas, a hot chocolate packet and then a bigggg squirt of chocolate syrup. It wasn't entirely green, but it still had a hint of it. I did my very best to drink it, but about four sips in I came to the harsh realization that it just wasn't going to happen. He took it like a champ, but I could tell he was disappointed. It was so sweet of him to go to all the extra effort... I felt really bad.

Best Moment of the Week: I had such a great weekend in St. Louis! Sheridan bought Baby King his/her first little toy and it was so precious! It was so fun to be reunited with my sweet friend (and her husband, Jacob). I was incredibly blessed to not get sick the entire weekend!! Thank you Lord! The weather was perfect - we spent lots of time outside and we had a great time exploring Forrest Park! I am so excited to go back in the Spring when everything is green and blooming! (Plus Sheridan introduced me to this amazing crepe place - crepes are my absolute favorite! I had a strawberry, banana, nutella crepe and it was a-mazing!!) The morning after I got home we had a doctors appointment and got to look at our sweet little baby moving around like crazy. Every time I see it, I am so amazed by God's miracle and so humbled that He chose Brandon and I to be this baby's parents. God is good, all the time.



I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

1 comment:

  1. There is a Simple Simon's on Sooner Road &,I-240 at the convenient store. Check the Simple Simons on Google Maps or the website.

    ReplyDelete