Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 13





How Far Along: Thirteen weeks

Total Weight Gain: Back down to one little pound

Maternity Clothes: Not yet!

Gender: No clue

Movement: Negative

Sleep: This has been a weird week for sleep! We've been in Peru on vacation and we slept on a bus one night, slept in a family's house on a remote island, and crashed in a lot of little hotels. With the exception of the bus, I'm slept surprisingly well! It's really cold at night here so I just climb in under ten pounds worth of blankets and pass smooth out!

What I Miss: Regular water out of the facet! Peru's water is not purified well enough for us to drink and so we are always in search of a bottled water! I've also cheated and had a Coca-Cola... it wasn't a big one and it cured one ugly headache so I'm hoping Baby King will let it slide!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Honestly, we are just enjoying the moment this week! I feel good, I have energy again and we are seeing a beautiful country... We aren't rushing a thing!

Cravings: I'm not sure it was a craving, but I was happy to eat it: Hawaiian Pizza! I've been a little skeptical of the food in Peru. I don't want to risk eating something that might make me sick while we are so far away from home, so every night I've ordered hawaiian pizza! They use the wood burning little stone pits to cook it in, so it's actually quite wonderful!

Aversions: Here are a couple that are different than usual - guinea pig and llama! Those are delicacies here, but I'm having none of it!

Other Crazy Symptoms: I've had a lot of swelling on this trip! Any time I sit still for long I can feel my feet start to inflate. Since I've already had one blood clot, I'm being very careful and doing lots of walking! Luckily, I haven't had any problems other than a little discomfort.

Daddy Update: Daddy is doing awesome! He is so happy to have a wife that is awake and feeling like herself again! He's being quite the protector - Peru doesn't always feel super safe and Brandon has been on alert at all times. We've had so much fun being together with no distractions - it's been a really wonderful trip!

Best Moment of the Week: Arriving at the top of Machu Picchu Mountain! We decided to hike the mountain to get some awesome pictures of Machu Picchu. The guy who sold us the admission tickets told us it wasn't a bad hike, but it would take 1.5-2 hours. That man has never climbed that mountain, I am positive! We did it in an hour and a half but it was officially the stair master on steroids! One flight after another straight up! Baby King took it like a champ! We were sooooooo happy to make it to the top and get some amazing views of the beautiful ruins. Definitely worth the work!




I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment