Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 17





How Far Along: Far enough to know the GENDER!! 

Total Weight Gain: Still holding strong to the four pound mark.

Maternity Clothes: I've decided to embrace the trendy flowy shirts! Loving them - they don't look like I'm wearing a tent, but they also allow me to breathe freely.

Gender: 
It's official:
COOPER KING - Coming soon!
(Middle Name TBD)

Movement: Still nothing... 

Sleep: Still normal...

What I Miss: Nothing! Life is really, really good!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Finally getting to deck out a nursery... or at least getting to make a game plan! I CAN'T WAIT!

Cravings: This week we had quite a bit of breakfast foods left over from the Gender Reveal Brunch, so I've been killing some banana nut bread with cream cheese filling! YUM!

Aversions: Nothing in particular.

Other Crazy Symptoms: Odd pain shooting in my side. It feels like a bad cramp that hits specifically in one spot, over and over and over... especially if I sit on the love seats in our living room. Random, I know, but literally if I sit on the love seat for more than 5 minutes it starts. It's on my left side right at the tip of my bottom rib, thankfully prenatal yoga has given me one stretch that really helps!

Daddy Update: Daddy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about our new little mister. He's already planning hunting/fishing trips and t-ball team names - it's the cutest thing ever. He's going to be the very best daddy in the whole world, I am sure of it!

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out the gender with our sweet family! I'll blog all the details of our Gender Reveal Bunch, but I can't miss the chance to brag on our amazing families. We had over 30 people come to our house for brunch and the big gender reveal. We were truly overwhelmed - so many changed their Saturday afternoon plans, drove 2.5 hours and came to celebrate with us! It is so incredibly humbling to know so many people already love and adore our son. Cooper King is one blessed little boy!


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

4 comments:

  1. congratulations!! so super exciting!! love when a pregnancy is announced! and yay for boys (i have 2, momma's boys that is) ;)

    love the name! and that cake is amazing!!
    your mom with that crib is precious!! and the simple simon's story is hilarious!! there was one where i grew up, but it's not there anymore, and i completley remember those bread sticks!!! i haven't had one in probably 20yrs, and i can still remember them -crazy!! i need to look up where the closest one to me is, ha! :)

    congratulations again! can't wait to follow your journey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberley! Thank you so much for getting all caught up!! I've been blogging, but never posting because I keep putting off uploading pictures (TRUTH: I can't remember to take a weekly photo for the life of me!!). So happy to be "back" and I'm going to do my best to do better... but I'm not making any promises!! So excited to be a boy mommy! I've always dreamed of having little boys - we are over the moon!!

      Delete
  2. I am SO SO excited for you!! You are absolutely glowing and I LOVE his name!! We seriously need to get together at some point. I can't find your email address but email me and we'll plan something! :) sjg_ou at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah! Hi!!!! Thanks for the congrats! We are beyond thrilled! So glad you like the name!! Cooper has always been one of our favorite names, so luckily we didn't have to have any great debates! I would LOVE to get together some time! Feel free to email me ANYTIME at raegan@ou.edu

      PS I have been LOVING your "Pin" posts! I can't wait to play along - now that I finally got some energy back I've been knocking out a few fun pins!

      Delete