Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 7

How Far Along:  7 weeks and counting

Total Weight Gain: I had a doctor's appointment this week and according to their scales I've gained three pounds. I'm blaming it on my jeans, boots and jacket!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet...

Gender: Brandon says boy. My mom thinks girl. My mother-in-law hopes its a girl. I have no clue.

Movement: It's going to be a while.

Sleep: Yes. Sleepy? Yes. Sleeping non-stop? Yes. Naps? Yes. Falling asleep in awkward places? Yes. Falling asleep constantly? Yes. Sleeping through the night? Not even close! Go figure.

What I Miss: Eating without being completely grossed out. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Surviving the first trimester and getting a little of my energy and appetite back.

Cravings: I'm not craving a thing. But I am eating a lot of Arby's roast beef sandwiches, Bagel Bites, Saltine crackers and chocolate almond milkshakes from Braums. That's really about all I can force myself to eat.

Aversions: I really didn't get "aversions" before this. I thought a pregnancy aversion was just food you weren't interested in - wrong! Currently, the sight, smell, thought of any type of meat or poultry literally gives me chills and instant nausea (SUPER odd as I am typically a very heavy meat eater). Unfortunately, everything kind of makes me nauseous - commercials advertising food, driving by a fast food restaurant, seeing Brandon eat food, anything that smells strong... You couldn't pay me to go in a grocery store. 

Other Crazy Symptoms: I hear this is normal, but it's crazy to me... Sometime during this week I grew in the area below my head and above my stomach. Umm, that hasn't happened to me EVER! And it's awesome.

Daddy Update: Daddy has been an absolute champ this week! I went back to work today and came home to a clean house, spotless kitchen, emptied dishwasher and folded laundry! I had a week and a half off for Christmas and I slept through the entire thing... our house was a wreck! Brandon has been so very sweet - he's brought me crackers, he's gone to the grocery store, he's handled pretty much everything (including a very whiney wife) and he's just smiled the entire time. I am so, so, so blessed.

Best Moment of the Week: We got to tell our families!! We had intended to wait until around 9-10 weeks but we couldn't pass up the chance to surprise everyone on Christmas. We wrapped sweet little frames with our itty bitty baby's ultrasound picture and let our parents open them as their very last present. It was so fun to see excited faces and I'm quite positive this will be one of our most memorable Christmases. I videoed my parents finding out and I'm going to do my best to upload it, as they were pretty darn cute and completely shocked. Definitely a fun week!



I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.


1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment