Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 5




You won't be seeing this until wayyyy after Week 5 has come and gone, but I started writing these as soon as we found out that we were having a baby. While my husband has a steel trap mind, me... not so much. Therefore, I'm keeping track of all the bumpdates so that later on I will be able to go back and remember each week!

How Far Along: 5 weeks and 1 day

Total Weight Gain: No weight gain yet! I am really curious how this whole weight gain thing pans out. I have been blessed with a crazy-amazing metabolism and therefore, have always been able to eat whatever I want without gaining weight. I'm completely fine with putting on some pounds (obviously it's necessary for making a baby), I'm just not real sure how it's going to work. In high school I drank these awful weight gaining shakes trying to add weight during basketball season... ZERO pound increase. So, I'm just continuing to eat to my little heart's content (although a MUCH healthier selection than my norm) and I guess my body will just do the rest. I fear a rude awakening is right around the corner...

Maternity Clothes: None yet - although I did read this very interesting blog about purchasing maternity clothes as soon as you find out your pregnant because that is the only way you will find them on sale. So I did buy some plain colored t-shirt material tops at Target for $4 this week, which was awesome. I walked into the maternity section with the naive thought that I would know what to buy and then it dawned on me that I had no flippin' clue what size I would wear... and the clothes were so big... A little overwhelming, but for $4 I figured if I completely missed it wouldn't be a big deal.

Gender: Not a clue. I don't even have a feeling one way or another. While I'm out shopping, I keep thinking I see things that are "signs." An entire set of Christmas wrapping paper that's pink with crowns. A church billboard that said, "It's a BOY!" Lots of mixed messages out there! Ha!

Movement: Not for a while... unless you count the constant rumble of my hungry stomach.

Sleep: Before we even found out I was pregnant I had been having these absolutely bizarre and very realistic feeling dreams. Some were good, some bad, some completely crazy. Thankfully, they have subsided somewhat and I'm back to sleeping normally, with the exception of feeling like I'm about to have a heat stroke the minute I pull the covers up. I'm also absolutely loving a nap! It doesn't need to be a long one - I've fallen asleep twice now in the car while Brandon runs in to do an errand.

What I'm Looking Forward To: TELLING! I saw my family this weekend and I could hardly stand it. We did tell my little brother which relieved the overwhelming urge to shout from the rooftops our exciting news. Zac was so adorable when we told him... We didn't do anything special just simply asked him if he preferred to be called "Uncle Zac" or "Uncle Awesome." He was very excited, but promptly got serious, shook Brandon's hand and whispered, "That better have been immaculate conception."

What I Miss: So far, I'm good on not missing anything. I immediately stopped drinking my occassional Coca-Cola and the first couple of days, I missed having an option other than water. But honestly, it hasn't been any big deal whatsoever.

Cravings: I don't think I've had any legitimate "cravings" yet. I have been really hungry but whatever you put infront of me will work fine.

Aversions: Nothing has made my stomach churn yet, with the exception of our sweet little Rylee dog. Miss Priss went to the groomer this morning as she was starting to wreak and my extra sensitive nose couldn't take it. Typically I just give her a bath myself, but this time I just didn't feel like risking it.

Other Crazy Symptoms: I don't currently have any symptoms - I feel remarkably well! Praying it continues! This isn't a symptom, more like just me being crazy, but I completely believe in my head that I look pregnant. I mean, I know that I don't... nothing on me has changed whatsoever... but I keep looking down at my stomach expecting it to look significantly bigger and when we saw my family this weekend I fully expected my parents to just know. 

Daddy Update: Brandon has been so precious this week. I think it's slowly starting to dawn on both of us that this is real. We talk about it incessantly, I think mainly just to remind ourselves that there really is a baby growing in my belly. Brandon is going to be the very best daddy in the whole world, I am 100% positive. He is DYING to tell his family and a few really good friends, but we are trying very hard to hold out until Christmas. Even then I won't be as far along as we would like, but we can't let the great opportunity of giving the most precious gift on Christmas pass us by! Brandon's brother, Caleb, sent him this hilarious video a few weeks ago as the third brother, Christopher and his wife are also expecting (Our baby will make it 3 babies in 18 months for the King family... that's what happens when all 3 brothers get married 6 months apart!). We'll be driving down the road and Brandon will randomly start rapping "It's a dad's life..."

Best Moment of the Week: Finding out Baby King was on the way! We have been praying over this baby for months before we even decided that the time was right to try. We continued to pray and pray and pray and now, our prayers have been answered and we feel absolutely, positively overwhelmed by this amazing miracle. I have been pouring over books for the last week and the more I read the more I realize that "miracle" is the only word that describes it, and even still doesn't truly do it justice. We feel incredibly blessed.

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment