Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 6





How Far Along: 6 weeks and 5 days

Total Weight Gain: 0 lbs

Maternity Clothes: None so far however I feel like all my clothes are tight (I'm thinking it's just in my head but maybe not?)

Gender: No clue.

Movement: None unless you could the massive amount of stomach growling...

Sleep: Soooo sleepy! My eyes pop open right at about 5:30 to 6am but my body wants to sleep for at least another hour or so.

What I Miss: Randomly this week I've been missing chili cheese coneys from Sonic... My doctor said no hot dogs which usually wouldn't be any big deal because I'm not a huge fan, but of course, now that I know I can't have it I realllllly want one.

What I'm Looking Forward To: This week is Christmas and that means we get to tell our families!! I cannot wait to tell my parents...

Cravings: No super strong cravings. I'm just hungry pretty much all the time. I've been eating a lot of chicken noodle soup as I haven't been feeling as well as I did last week. And fruit! Bananas, apples, pineapple - I've been putting those away like its my job.

Aversions: The aversions have definitely arrived. Spice rubbed pork tenderloin. It literally pains me to type the words I'm so grossed out by it. I made this last week when my college girlfriends all got together for dinner and about one bite in, I was entirely over it. Brandon, on the other hand, loved it and decided we should make it for Christmas with his dad. So out house has now smelt like it twice, I've had to look at it twice and every time I open the fridge I make sure not to look at the left overs. I could lose my lunch just thinking about it. Ewwww.

Other Crazy Symptoms: About two seconds after I realize I'm starting to get hungry, I start feeling absolutely terrible. I have yet to actually throw up from this pregnancy (I might have thrown up earlier this week but it had to do with my ridiculous gag reflex caused by food textures and eating something that felt cold and squishy) but I've come disgustingly close multiple times. It is pretty much my goal in life to keep some food in my stomach at all times so that I don't ever feel hungry.

Daddy Update: The sound of the little heartbeat made it much more real. Brandon also learned the hard way that Doctor Daddy isn't very fun. Trying to comfort me while knowing the odds and all the things that can go wrong left him in a difficult position. From now on we are going to try our best (and by "our" I mean "my") to only consult Brandon on daddy issues and leave the doctoring up to Dr. Moore. 

Best Moment of the Week: There were two really good moments this week. The first one came after being scared so it was more of a relief than a happy time. I had some spotting this week which made me a little nervous and just in case you aren't aware of what "a little nervous" can turn into when combined with pregnancy hormones, let me sum it up for you - completely paranoid psycho crying female. I called our doctor and he very sweetly met us on a morning his clinic was closed and did an ultrasound. It turned out that everything was just fine (still not sure what caused the bleeding) and we got to see Baby King for the first time! "Tiny" is an understatement! His/her little heart beat was the very best sound I've ever heard! I didn't cry or really even react at all because honestly I was just completely overwhelmed with relief. I just laid there, holding Brandon's hand and listened. The fact that the little bitty teeny-tiny dot on the screen was our baby and it had a heart that was beating just like it was supposed to was absolutely amazing. God is so good to us.

This week we got to tell my cousins - Casey, Lyndsey, Levi & Callie. They stopped by our house on their way to the Sullivan Family Christmas Concert and it was just too perfect of an opportunity to pass up! Everyone was standing in our kitchen and I asked if they could keep a secret. It took a little bit but we finally determined that they were safe to tell... I sat the picture of our little ultrasound on the counter and their faces were absolutely priceless! It is such a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by people who you know are so genuinely happy for you that they literally are smiling from ear to ear and hugs and high fives are being passed out like candy. This little miracle is already loved so very much! 

Baby King's 1st Picture!!

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment