Friday, March 29, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 19




How Far Along: NINETEEN WEEKS! Crazy how time flies!

Total Weight Gain: Oh boy, the pounds just keep adding up... Up 8 pounds

Maternity Clothes: I tried on maternity jeans this week, but didn't buy any. I'm doing my best to hold out until summer clothes! It's probably about time to break down and embrace a few maternity work clothes...

Gender: All boy - Mr. Cooper (Middle name still being debated) King!

Movement: Guess what?! I got kicked in the stomach this week TWO times!! Aww, it was so stinking awesome... I was sitting at my desk and just felt this (kind of hard to explain) little twitch that I had never felt before. I thought, "Was that Cooper?!" and I held really still and he did it again!! There was no doubt, Mr. Cooper finally let me feel him. I can't wait for the next one - best feeling ever, hands down.

Sleep: All good!

What I Miss: My cute work clothes... Every morning is a serious wardrobe challenge. Whomp whomp. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Umm, getting the nursery underway but I said that last week... but it's still what I'm looking forward to! I've also been picking up a few things here and there for the little man and every purchase makes him seem just a little more real. I am beyond happy.

Cravings: None this week that I know of. I really like Subway Melt Sandwiches... don't worry, I only eat them steaming hot so they pass the deli meat safety test.

Aversions: Nothing that doesn't normally gross me out.

Other Crazy Symptoms: Let's talk belly buttons for a second. Weird, yes, but it's called "crazy symptoms." Sorry. Anyway, I've always had a pretty nice belly button, if I do say so myself... It's not a weird shape, it's not super deep or got anything odd going on. It's just a normal size, pretty shallow belly button. (Have I over-analyzed this already? Probably.) Anyway, that poor little belly button is flat as a pancake already!! It's kind of (read: VERY) alarming to me. I don't think there's enough belly button to turn into an outie, which would completely freak me out, I'm just afraid it's going to get all stretched out of shape! So weird... I'll awkwardly keep you posted.

Daddy Update: Daddy's good! We had our Level 1 ultrasound this week - in case you don't know what that is, no worries, I didn't either! Basically it's a very in depth ultrasound that looks at Cooper's little tiny organs and makes sure everything is growing like it should and working the way it's supposed to. I've been more nervous than I expected to be as I've had some dear friends who received very scary news at this ultrasound. We were relieved and happy to know that our sweet little Cooper was one healthy little boy! God is good all the time. Daddy and I were soooo thankful.

Best Moment of the Week: Obviously knowing that our little guy was 100% healthy and getting to literally feel his presence for the first time were the best moments of the week, but the next best thing was spending the weekend with my mom!! We just talked and planned and shopped and did all sorts of fun things... soooo much fun! I am always so grateful for my precious parents who will drop everything and come spend what little free time they have being with us in OKC. I am so blessed.

 
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment