Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 18



**First off, a BIG thank you for all the wonderful middle name suggestions! My facebook, twitter, instagram and email were blowing up yesterday and it was wonderful! I wrote them ALL down and we are going to start the great debate! As always, I appreciate your feedback!

How Far Along: Eighteen weeks! Time is flyin'!

Total Weight Gain: Up to 6 lbs this week... Do you see that bump!? We're growing!

Maternity Clothes: I've been very lucky that I'm carrying pretty high so I can still wear my jeans comfortably! Woohoo! I'm really trying to hold out on maternity pants/shorts/whatever until summer since I doubt I'll be wearing jeans often in the Oklahoma heat. I can still wear some of my tops, but then occasionally I'll go in my closet and not think and grab some little shirt, start to put it on, get stuck and completely crack myself up. I've definitely learned to embrace loose fitting shirts! I also had to buy all new work out clothes because most of my normal ones are fitted tanks. I tried to stay in them as long as possible but last week I couldn't breathe during yoga and decided it was time to give it up...

Gender: It's a boy! (Brandon keeps saying, "Hadababyit'saboy!" off of that stupid old cell phone commercial and thinks it's so funny...)

Movement: I'm hoping to feel movement any day now, but so far still nothing.

Sleep: I've felt soooo good lately, that I'm back to my old stay up late, oversleep routine! Occasionally, I'll take a little nap but they aren't required like they were before.

What I Miss: This might sound silly, but I really have been missing my mom lately! I'm so excited that the nursery is finally underway (somewhat) but emailing back and forth pictures or trying to describe what I'm looking at on the phone is not nearly as fun as working on a project with my mom present! We need a girls' weekend!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I have another ultrasound next week which I'm excited about. Our doctor very sweetly gives us an ultrasound each week so we can see our little man, but last month we couldn't watch so that we wouldn't know what we are having and I've missed looking at him!

Cravings: I haven't had any particular cravings this week. I've been really working on eating healthier snacks and I've really felt a difference in my appetite. I feel like it takes a lot less to make me full when I eat something healthy! So I've been enjoying a lot of fruit, nuts and crackers with cheese!

Aversions: Nothing! All is good!

Other Crazy Symptoms: Still having the random side cramp, but that's really about it. The only other small thing is that I'm starting to notice when I sit back in my office chair, it takes a lot more work to get back up to sitting straight than it used to!

Daddy Update: Daddy is a pretty happy camper because Momma's back to cooking and cleaning! Ha! Every day I think Brandon gets a little more excited. This week we went to dinner with Brandon's brother's family and after we finished up our cute little nephew (11 month old) was getting squirmy so we stood out in front of the restaurant and talked before going home. I held Brooks while Brandon acted like he was going to get him and Brooks would just laugh until his little voice turned to a cackle. It was the cutest thing! We got in the car and Brandon sweetly said, "That was fun! We're about to have a lot of fun, huh?!" Really cute.

Best Moment of the Week: I started making some nursery purchases! Eek! I'm soooo excited! I'm trying to decide if I want to give blog updates as it progresses or just show you before and after pictures. I haven't ordered the furniture yet, but I have it all picked! I love having a decorating project and this might be my most fun one yet!



I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28




2 comments:

  1. you are so cute with that little prego belly :) and i totally forgot about that commerical!! i love it!!!! so so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you decided on a middle name? i heard a name the other day and wanted to share with you... wait for it... cooper abbott king :)

    ReplyDelete