Friday, March 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 9




How Far Along: Nine weeks and around five days (I think?)

Total Weight Gain: I will go to the doctor next week and have an "official" measurement, but according to our bathroom scales I've gained a pound back!

Maternity Clothes: No maternity clothes yet, although I do see the need for some change in my work clothes. The clothes I wear to work our typically tailored and this is causing a bit of a problem! I also wear high waisted belts to work a lot and yesterday, the belt I had on over a dress was just the little snap kind. I was sitting in a meeting and took a big breath and POP!! Belt just shot right off!

Gender: Still no idea... but I'm getting pretty ready to know so I can start buying baby things!

Movement: Brandon's birthday was this week and after dinner we snuck into his clinic and had a little ultrasound. (Best perk of hubby being a resident EVER!) I couldn't believe how much the little guy/girl had grown!! We were just sitting there staring at it and all of the sudden its little arms started moving and legs started kicking! Obviously, I still couldn't feel anything but it was incredible to see! We videoed it with our iPhone and I can't stop watching it!

Sleep: I just want to sleep around the clock!!

What I Miss: Still food... How many weeks have I been saying this? I'm so hungry and I so miss all the yummy things I used to eat, but none of them sound good!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Excited about our appointment next Monday! For some reason, going to a doctor (other than Brandon) makes it feel a little more real. Next week I'm also flying to St. Louis to visit my bestest friend Sheridan and I'm kind of ridiculously excited about that! I had planned the trip to tell her in person, but there were a few extenuating circumstances that left me with no choice but to call her and tell her... so now instead of a big surprise, we're going to spend the weekend celebrating!!

Cravings: I still don't know that I have any cravings. I'm eating a LOT of potatoes - baked, mashed, fries, pretty much any form - but it's not because I'm dying for a potato, it's just because they are one of the few things that are safe to eat without getting sick.

Aversions: In addition to the never ending hatred of meat - blueberry bagels, orange juice and strawberries were sadly added to the list this week.

Other Crazy Symptoms: Still nothing crazy that I know of... well, that's a lie, but this isn't crazy to most people, just me... If for some reason you're a dude and your reading this, you might want to stop here. It isn't anything gross, it's just a little awkward... Up until a few weeks ago I could still wear my first bikini from middle school. I never need to buy a new sports bra and I could legitimately wear a training bra from the girls department. I am a huge advocated for the extra padding push up bra at Victoria Secret and it's alright with me, I'm not the least bit embarrassed. My chest is small but so is my waist, it's something I'm willing to live with! But in the last month, I've started to "blossom!" (That's such an awkward word and I find it hilarious!!) I've legitimately filled out my 32A and it's awesome! Ha! Sorry for over sharing, but if you were in my shoes, you'd be excited too.

Daddy Update: Brandon is still plugging along, picking up all the slack his sleepy wife is leaving. He was so cute on his birthday - he just told me all he wanted was to go see his baby. Melt my heart!

Best Moment of the Week: Definitely the ultrasound. Each one gets me more and more excited!



I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment